Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 60,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
As a Process Engineer in the Technical Operations group, you will lead and participate in process optimization initiatives, process and design changes implementation, and investigations supporting the manufacturing of Blood Gas Sensors. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating and carrying out technical investigations related to manufacturing challenges.
- Driving process improvement initiatives aimed at improving quality and productivity.
- Authoring internal reports and presenting summarized data to diverse and interdisciplinary audiences.
- Collaborating effectively with Systems Engineers, Current Product Engineering and Software Engineers to report and rectify equipment reliability issues.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience in regulated environments (ISO, FDA, etc.) within the medical device manufacturing, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or life sciences industry
- Bachelor’s in Science degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, Polymers and Materials Science, Biomedical Engineering or similar discipline
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with a Master’s degree or minimum of 5 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree.
- Advanced understanding and knowledge of statistical methods and data analysis tools (Minitab, etc.), and design of experiments (DOE)
- Advanced Project Management skills
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvements in manufacturing that are efficient, sustainable, and compliant
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience in electrochemical sensors or semiconductors manufacturing
- Experience with selectively depositing thin film polymer solutions on substrates
- Experience with various coatings/deposition and printing methodologies including spin, spotting, vapor, inkjet, aerosol, thick film, etc.
- Experience with downstream processing of thin films: drying/curing, conditioning, surface treatments and modifiers, etc.
- Experience with polymer formulations and control, and interactions with deposition/application processes
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple assignments with the flexibility to switch priorities to meet business needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively function in an interdisciplinary team environment
- Strong demonstrated fundamentals in fluid mechanics and fluidic systems
- Experience in developing a process from concept to transfer in manufacturing and/or experience working in a high-volume facility
- Experience with DRM, and lean manufacturing concepts
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for all new hires by their start date.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.