Create a better tomorrow with us.
Siemens is looking for an Apprentice who will be trained in 2 years as an Information Technology Junior Data Ops Engineer located in Milan.
Siemens is a focused technology company, pioneering intelligent solutions that transform the everyday in manufacturing, grids, buildings, and transportation. Our technology addresses real problems that affect the future of humanity.
Do you have the courage to think beyond the possible?
Do you want to be empowered to create solutions that have an impact on daily life?
We have lots of ideas about how to successfully drive digitalization in companies. For example, with open cloud platforms, highly developed security systems, precise analytics algorithms, and clever tools for developers. What is your role in this? Move the world from behind the scenes with your IT expertise and passion for groundbreaking information technology. Rethink IT and steer projects in completely new directions. Be bold when others would have given up and lead one of Siemens’ key data operations teams within the global “Data and AI Ops” unit to bring value to our business by developing and deploying innovative data solutions for the Siemens Data Cloud.
Join our apprenticeship now and lay the foundation for your successful career in Siemens.
With your profound expertise in data modeling, data architecture & data engineering, you consult, support, and enable project- and service-teams to shape Siemens’ analytics journey into the cloud.Using your expertise, you will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the data vision by translating business requirements into technical requirements, which become the basis for internal data standards and policies.
- Defining and implementing the data architecture, including standards for data models, metadata, security, reference data such as product catalogues, and master data such as customers and products.
- Contributing to an educational framework for the Siemen Data Cloud.
- Designing data flows that govern which parts of the organization generate data, which parts use the data, and how data flows are managed.
- Enabling and supporting development teams in adopting the data architecture. Foster exchange between development teams to share and exchange standard methodologies
- Taking ownership of key projects and handle those projects with the key collaborators from the business
What you need to bring with you
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Engineering (Mathematics, Computer Science, Management), or similar quantitative field.
- Basic knowledge about SQL and preferably Python
- Experience of using Snowflake, Snowflake certifications is a plus
- Understanding of data warehousing, data modelling, performance tuning & data architecture
- Experience in team projects, cloud environment (AWS/Azure/GCP) and AI/ML infrastructure
- Ability to understand technical concepts and turn them into reality
- Customer orientation
- Work experience in agile methodologies (e.g. SCRUM)
- Experience in data modelling, ETL or implementation of AI/ML-workloads is an advantage
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Eligibility to work in Italy and availability to be in Milan
What can we further offer?
- An inclusive and flexible way of working, with caring for everyone's personal well-being;
- Activities’ organization guided by performance, where the achievement of objectives and the bold spirits are recognized;
- Opportunities for continuous/individual learning journeys so that you never stop growing and keep on learning;
- Value driven culture: trustful, respectful, open, honest, empowering;
- Competitive package with regional specific benefits;
- Professional and extraprofessional accident insurance;
- Free on-site lunch options;
- Personal Computer and Smartphone.
- Innovative tools for remote working and your personal growth.
Inclusion is our ambition
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer, offering a safe and inclusive work environment, based on mutual respect and the appreciation of diversity, guaranteeing equal employment opportunities to all qualified candidates to realize their full potential.
Address us the desired working conditions/ environment that will lift your efficiency. Typically, this kind of position is full-time, however please feel free to tell us if a more flexible arrangement would better enable you to take up this opportunity!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For further information or questions, you can contact: Siemens Spa, Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, Via Vipiteno, n.4 Milan (Italy).
For more details about Siemens Italia please go to: www.siemens.it. Our recruiting team is looking forward to getting to know you!
Organization: Information Technology
Company: Siemens S.p.A.
Experience Level: Recent College Graduate
Job Type: Full-time