Siemens Parcel Logistics LLC is seeking a Sales Engineering Manager to support the Courier Express and Parcel team at our DFW Airport location. You will work on the Sales and Systems Design Team that develops and implements complex automation solutions for Courier Express and Parcel customers by providing overall direction for putting together winning strategies and proposals for our customers. This Senior level role is ideal for someone with 8+ years of experience with knowledge of the responsibilities outlined below
• Able to look at an overall project/opportunity and help design a solution
o Engineering background
o Field experience (real world)
o Ability to work with other departments including outside companies to being together solution
o Knowledge of Client Business Processes
• Able to work with and/or develop standardized pricing tools (detailed and ROM or Rule of Thumb) to allow for consistent pricing levels and can be benchmarked to market feedback / results.
• Overall manage and understand a pricing strategy – Willing to take calculated risk with putting our proposals together.
o Business focused with not only the short term but also long term sale strategies
• Should able to be customer facing to listen and provide solutions
o Have the knowledge to think outside of the typical way of working.
• Able to manage timelines and work under pressure
• Able to manage people
• Internal sales person – Able to get buy in from others to do this new endeavor
• Support daily operations goals by advising as to sales engineering support information, making recommendations through strategic planning documents, filling out action plan procedures, dealing with issues of customer service standards and quality control, troubleshooting productivity issues, accomplishing auditing operations and making changes and improvements when necessary.
• Able to take a concept and make it a reality.
• Talk with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs and to determine system requirements.
• Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to existing and prospective customers
• Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
• Prepares cost estimates by studying all related customer documents, consulting with engineers, architects, and other professional personnel.
• Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
• Serves customers by identifying their needs and engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and services
• Help clients to solve problems with product usage (both Siemens and other suppliers).
• Recommend new and improved products to the customers and explain how the equipment will be more cost-effective.
Education / Experience /Skills
• BS/BA in related discipline or equivalent work expertise. Certification may be required in some areas.
• 8+ years of experience in the design, implementation and commissioning of complex mechanical systems solutions for parcel systems.
• • AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Project and Microsoft office skills required.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Parcel Logistics LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.