If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG and has been a leading supplier in the field of mobility for over 160 years. Our core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems and related services. We have always been very innovative in making traveling faster, safer and more comfortable. Today, we need new solutions to new challenges such as climate change and rising populations worldwide. That's what drives us. That's why we shape mobility with passion, always being one step ahead. Through digitalization, we make infrastructures smart and create opportunities that get us from A to B sustainably and seamlessly. Our 39,600 employees are pioneers in mobility who help to keep the world moving.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
As a member of the global Locomotive and Pasaenger Coaches Segment’s Management Team, you will be leading the entire Engineering Strategy and Operations for the Segment (520+ professionals spread across Germany, Austria, Eastern Europe, USA and India). Steering our Engineering Team into the next chapter, you will:
- Define and lead the global LMC Engineering Team and the Engineering Strategy. Deliver results on time and budget.
- Lead an international and highly motivated organization of highly qualified engineers.
- Manage/oversee all major Engineering projects (business cases, alignment of all major stakeholders on project scope, planning, Capex approval process support, suppliers and contractor's selection and coordination, construction management, commissioning, qualification, and handover).
- Drive ‘Engineering Excellence’ by fostering interdisciplinary, regionally, and organizationally distributed as well as integrated product development. Continuously rethink today’s design methods, processes, and tool base as well as the development of a design chain based on digital models in terms of implementing Engineering 4.0 and resulting new standards .
- Push and drive product innovations in this industry, and implement them in our product portfolio, e.g.: alternative drive systems, interoperability, Automatic Train Operation, smart interior solutions.
- Lead the continuous transformation of the current product lifecycle management into an interdisciplinary and holistic system lifecycle management to support service-oriented business models.
- Develop and digitize our product portfolio in close cooperation with platform management, sales and production on a base of smart technologies, e.g., Internet of Things (IoT), Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Artificial Intelligence.
- Take ownership for product safety.
- Drive talent development: in collaboration with Our People & Organization team. Build a new, more diverse, and international pipeline for key expert and leadership roles.
- Evaluate and execute an international Engineering Hub strategy to optimize cost and support global business scaling.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- Senior leadership experience in engineering – ideally in the railroad industry or in aligned sectors with similar technical complexity – e.g.: aviation.
- Capacity and passion to get deeply involved in the engineering process of technologically innovative locomotives and passenger coaches. This includes mechanical aspects, drive and control technology + IT systems.
- Demonstrated experience in driving ‘Engineering Excellence’ and digital transformation of a product portfolio.
- Ability to develop a technological product vision in cooperation with sales, platform management and production based on market requirements.
- Experience in the integration and orchestration of multinational teams.
- International experience – either by leading global teams or by having gathered experience abroad.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic direction and change management
- Fluency in English is mandatory – German as an additional language is helpful. Other languages are highly welcome; willingness to learn/improve German will be appreciated by the teams.
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
if you would like to find out more about Siemens before applying.
+49 (9131) 17 52430
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Mr. Karl-Christian Gerbaulet.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Either