Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
- Work safely by following the highest standard of safe work procedures and abiding by all applicable legislation and regulations
- Represent Siemens at a range of customer premises in an appropriately professional manner
- Work in collaboration with partner companies and their representatives
- Diagnose problems, determine corrective action and repair BAS systems
- Perform preventative maintenance and diagnostics on BAS system components
- Document problems for your customer, discuss, and advise them on the best course of action
- Provide field information as needed to the central dispatcher and other administrative support
- Identify and bring forward additional business opportunities including time and material work, system extensions, upgrades, and service contact expansion
- Complete repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments, and calibration on BAS systems by following written instructions
- Pursue ongoing learning in order to keep up with changes in the industry, new products and technologies, and new customer requirements.
- Conduct training and development classes for customer operators and technicians
- Deliver technical support coaching and direction to end users and colleagues
- Ensure that all records are kept up to date including, drawings, service records, and instructions
What will you need to succeed?
- A professional certification, college diploma, or training in building automation or a related field
- Knowledge of industrial electronics, instrumentation, electrical control systems, programming, and information technology
- 2+ years of experience working with Building Automation Systems (BAS)
- Knowledge and experience with Open Communication protocols like BACNET, Modbus, etc.
- Diagnostic skills: ability to systematically identify and resolve technical problems
- Experience independently delivering high quality service to a variety of customers
- Ability to stay calm and professional under pressure, willing to communicate and work though complex problems
- Autonomy, resourcefulness and strong organizational skills
- IT literate and possess proficiency in Windows applications, including MS Office suite
- A valid driver's license and ability to drive a company vehicle to customers in southern Ontario
- Willingness to occasionally share on-call responsibilities with colleagues
- Assets: Knowledge of building mechanical systems; training and certification in a related trade; understanding of the Building Code as it pertains to automation; specific technical knowledge of Siemens building automation systems.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.