Siemens Industry is looking for a Second Shift Production Supervisor for our Grand Prairie, TX factory located in the heart of the DFW Metroplex. Our growing facility has over 700 employees that produce high-quality, engineered and make-to-order power distribution equipment. The Production Supervisor is the key driver of all daily production related processes and the hub of information transfer between the hourly assembly workforce and Management, Engineering, Quality Control, Purchasing and Planning.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Grand Prairie factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do:
- Improve safety for all personnel that work in and around production lines
- Drive efforts and initiatives to reduce production errors, improve product quality and increase productivity
- Adhere to production schedule by establishing priorities, assigning personnel to work areas, monitoring progress, making personnel/priority adjustments, resolving line constraint problems, and reporting results through shift production summaries
- Plan, oversee and document training of personnel
- Conduct annual employee performance reviews
- Work closely with purchasing, planning and warehouse teams to ensure material availability and schedule adherence
- Maintain working relationship with local union by following the terms of the collective bargaining agreement
- Liason between Manufacturing and Engineering
- Support performance measurement and documentation of manufacturing processes
- Identify and support continuous improvement projects
- Support digitalization efforts to implement tools such as Digital Work Instructions, Operator Displays, Performance/Status Dashboards, and other connected tools
- Lead Annual Physical Inventory
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is strongly desired, although a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered
- Experience as an engineer who has completed projects to improve safety, quality, delivery reliability and cost in a manufacturing environment
- Proficiency in data collection and analysis
- Able to interpret or learn to interpret engineering drawings and schematics
- Aspirations to be in a Leadership role
- Time management
What would set you ahead of the pack:
- Experience with SAP or similar MRP system
- 2+ years of successful experience in an Assembly/Manufacturing or related field in a supervisor role.
- Mechanical Aptitude with experience using hand tools
- Lean manufacturing techniques
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
• Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and flexible PTO.
• Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
• Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.