Manufacturing Operations Procurement Lead
Tom Pudding Lane, Goole, East Riding of Yorkshire
Siemens is creating its first UK based Rail Industry Hub on the outskirts of Goole in the East Riding of Yorkshire.
With an initial contract to assemble nearly 50 trains to service the Piccadilly line on the London Underground we are starting to recruit up to 300 skilled technical and support colleagues at in our Manufacturing Facility.
In the near future follow-on work is expected to bring this number of trains into the hundreds, along with an expansion on the site into maintenance and overhaul activities displaying a long-term commitment to the area and growth in employment and career opportunities.
The successful applicant for this role will be responsible for leading a small team of demand planners to ensure optimum materials delivery to support the production operations of our Goole Manufacturing Facility.
You will support the Head of Logistics in providing timely reporting of availability, cost variance, inventory levels as well as quality of service and supplier performance. This will require you to interact with local and international, internal and external customers, as necessary.
Where necessary you will implement and monitor recovery plans, reporting as necessary to ensure that all impacted customers are updated on a regular basis.
With over 300,000 employees Siemens is a global market leader in engineering and within the Rail Industry, involved in manufacturing, maintenance and rail network infrastructure, bringing innovation across all our platforms, we are changing the way people travel.
Siemens as a global business is a technology and innovation leader, however it is the people who work at Siemens who drive everything. Apprentices, interns and graduates join and go on to lead businesses. People create value and ideas at every level. Our values show how we care for each other and act as one team. It is a business that people love and love to work for.
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse workforce where all feel able to bring themselves to work and we empower them to unleash their true potential. To discover what support networks, we already have in place please visit the link below for further information:
The DEGREE framework now established by Siemens globally will touch all our employees, businesses and the communities in which we operate. DEGREE is a monumental change program that tackles issues from Net Zero through to Modern Day Slavery, and all things in between. This framework tackles the biggest issues that face society and the Planet. Siemens Mobility at Goole will of course be part of and implement the DEGREE framework.
This is your role. What part will you play?
To be successful in this role you should be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment as a procurement specialist, ideally with international supply chains.
- Experience of organising complex information and demands into logical, understood and repeatable reports and ways of working
- Hold a relevant purchasing professional qualification, CIPS or similar, or have an equivalent level of practical experience
- Experience of working within a project or programme environment, with an ability to display how they have successfully led or supported a team through such a process.
It would also be helpful to have experience of the following:
- Experience of working within a lean production environment, ideally within a start-up and/or Rail Industry experience.
- Enjoyed working as a leader or manager in within this area of operations.
- Competitive Salary based on your experience
- 26 Days Holidays plus bank holidays, you are also encouraged to volunteer with 2 paid days per year (Volunteering at the local foodbank, in the local nature reserve and on STEM activities such as Primary Engineer, in local schools, are all part of our current programs
- A flexible benefits package where you chose the benefits that are important to you.
Please visit our Goole News Microsite for further information about Siemens’s future plans for Goole and register your details to receive regular news updates and the latest career opportunities:
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time