Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team!
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Clinical Innovation & Informatics, Health Informatics Expert
As part of Siemens Clinical Innovation and Informatics Team, advise and assist the Ci2 team in using Siemens product portfolio, tools, and services, and help drive efficiency and effectiveness in hospital processes, including improving quality while reducing cost.
- Analyze customer raw data extracts to support observed customer workflow.
- Develop and test new tools to streamline the data analysis efforts within the team in collaboration with HQ resources.
- Design data models and interactions between multiple data sets.
- Develop new processes/models for analyzing and monitoring customer progress such as regression or clustering that provides new insight to customer’s workflow process.
- Develop 3D simulation models and introduce statistical modeling and distributions to improve workflow design, scheduling, and layout
- Manage internal databases through the usage of cloud-based hosting, e.g. Azure, Snowflake, etc.
- Assist customers in acquiring the needed data to complete projects.
- Manage multiple datasets and databases throughout customer projects.
- Support the Business Intelligence tools and data sets at live customer sites.
- Develop new project-driven visual graphics and KPIs within the Business Intelligence tool set in association with the clinical consultant’s project goals.
- Conduct periodic status checks with project leads to assess progress against plan, to successfully meet the goals of the engagement.
- Assist with routine project activities or specific assignments performed at customers’ site.
- Assist in project management with the Innovation and Informatics team.
- Prepare weekly status reports on all project activities. May assist in pre-sales support activities as needed.
- Work closely with the local Siemens team, including direct interaction with clients.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar
with what is below, and would like to develop your career with Healthineers
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Understanding of changing healthcare informatics landscape
- Understanding of how technology (medical, IT, etc.) enables processes and helps improve patient care delivery workflow
- Previous experience in healthcare IT
- Ability to analyze complex healthcare environments, workflow, processes, and outcomes (clinical, operational, and financial) as it relates to data analytics.
- Flexibility to learn and become an expert in new software applications that will assist the Clinical Innovation and Informatics team
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Analytics, Business Intelligence, Health Informatics, or related field
- 8-10 years’ of demonstrated and applied understanding of analytics, database management, and technology
- Deep understanding of modern electronic medical record systems from both the frontend application and reporting side of the system
- Willing to travel up to 40%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Advanced Degree in Data Analytics, Business Intelligence, or Health Informatics
- Project management experience
- Adept at the use of BI reporting tools such as Qlik or Power BI
- Familiarity with SQL (MS SQL Server preferred)
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date, except where prohibited by state law. Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons. If you choose to submit an accommodation request it should be submitted within 3 business days of receiving a verbal offer. Details on how to submit approval will be provided by your recruiter. An accommodation approval must be confirmed prior to your start date. A start date cannot be confirmed until the accommodation has been reviewed. An accommodation is based on your role. If you are a currently a Siemens Healthineers employee with an existing approved accommodation, it will need to be re-evaluated prior to starting a new role.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.