From our SCM department, Siemens is looking to recruit an experienced Regional Commodity Manager for Steels (Carbon & Stainless steel, NGO E-steel (including laminations)), Sheet Metal Parts.
Mission of Function
Ensuring strategic procurement for the commodities of Steels and Sheet Metal Parts, in which case the potential for bundling all locations/projects of the Region (China) is exploited to achieve the best conditions based on cost, quality and delivery excellence. Responsible for the development and implementation of the commodity strategies across the business units in the region. Accountable for competitive material cost, long-term assurance of supply, supplier performance and support of supplier selection requirements as well as supply management related information and data management for assigned commodity. Support the GVS program within Region and global project.
What are my responsibilities? 我的工作职责是什么？
- Organize and execute regional bundling of the demands of the different BizCo/locations and projects for optimum utilization of procurement power.
- By delegation of the global Purchase Council (PuC) team, define and implement the Regional commodity procurement, supply and bundling Strategies in order to achieve the maximum profit contribution to the business targets.
- By delegation of PuC team, implement global sourcing projects as required by the BU global commodity managers.
- Analyze demand, markets and suppliers to create a basis for deciding on the optimum sourcing strategy. Ensure that supply market research data is available to support business decisions during product/service development and industrialization phases across the various Business Units.
- For the scope of the region, implement and lead a cross-locational competence network within the BizCo/BUs buyers organizations to define and implement China commodity strategies, share competence and best practices, and drive common improvement programs for the assigned commodities- Management of regional specific Suppliers and global Suppliers
- By delegation of the PuC chairman, conduct global / regional price and contract negotiations with contract conclusion to guarantee security of supplies at the best Total Cost of Ownership and in line with the general SCM guidelines.
- Undertake supplier management (jointly with partner functions, e.g. specialist department, Quality. logistics, etc.) in order to recruit and develop the best suppliers towards achieving an optimum supply chain through supplier relationship, supplier negotiations and supplier performance measurement feedback programs.
- Supports Purchasing Council with regional input on new technology roadmaps for the assigned commodity that contribute to the development efforts of the Business Units.
- Define and implement concepts for risk and contract management to avoid risk and warranty costs.
Knowledge - Technical understanding and ability to understand technical specifications - Excellent Negotiation Skills - Analytical abilities - Excellent Contract - / Law knowledge – Growth mindset with strategic thinking - Quality Management methods- Excellent IT tool application and project management ability- Excellent communication skills-can lead without authority.
What do I need to qualify for this job? 我如何才能胜任？
- At least 5 years experience in procurement/sourcing in China preferable with a mid to large size international company in the mechanical parts area, preferable working for Steels and Sheet Metal Parts.
- At least 5 years experience in the technical procurement process and commercial procurement process
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Commodity Manager for a similar business field, being used to work in a matrix organization.
- At least 8 years experience working within an international environment coming from different cultures and countries
Education - Bachelor or above, majored in Material/Mechanical Engineering.
Organization: Supply Chain Management
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time