Job Summary of Industrial App Developer:
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to produce and provide maintenance support for scalable software solutions. You will be working with a diverse and virtual team of data engineer/scientists, Automation/IoT Engineers, Connectivity/Network Engineers to develop edge/IoT solutions.
As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable with both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries.
Familiarity with Agile methodology, AWS/Azure and
Progressive Web Applications will be a plus.
· Work closely with a virtual, cross-functional team (data experts, domain specialists, UX/UI designers, solution architects, product managers) to build robust data driven solutions in manufacturing / industrial projects
· Support sales teams to orchestrate and create winning proposals for digital solutions and services for client engagements
· Design client-side and server-side architecture
· Build the front-end, back-end and ETL data pipelines, of applications
· Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
o Work with data scientists/analysts to improve database
o Work with network/cloud engineering team to receive data streams
o Work with automation and instrumentation engineers to extract data from the field
· Write effective APIs
· Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
· Troubleshoot, debug (with limited availability of logs and diagnostic info) and upgrade software
· Create security and data protection settings
· Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
· Write technical documentation
· Degree in Computer Science, data/knowledge engineering or relevant field
· Proven experience (2 – 5 years) as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
· Demonstrated experience of developing end-to-end backend and data pipelines for in a manufacturing / industrial technology stack (sensors/instruments, automation systems, IT systems etc.)
· Experience developing desktop and mobile applications is a plus
· Knowledge on Progressive Web Applications will be an advantage
· Familiarity with databases (e.g. MongoDB, MySQL, Oracle, Postgres, influxDB), web servers
· Experience of incorporating UI/UX design outputs into intuitive frontend applications
· Experience of working and collaborating in diverse, cross-functional and virtual teams with cross-functional team, to deliver robust applications.
· Experience in using at least one developer IDE like Eclipse, Visual Code, Visual Studio
· Knowledge about Jenkins, Nexus, Sonar Qube, GIT
· Experience of IT-OT integration is a plus
· Experience of working in an agile software development setting
· Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
· Strong Organizational skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time