Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
Then come and join our global team as Project Manager Extended Producer Responsibility (WEEE, Batteries, Packaging).
Choose the best place for your work – Within the scope of this position, it is possible, in consultation with your manager, to work mobile (within Germany) up to an average volume of 60% of the respective working hours.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- As Project Manager for Extended Producer Responsibility, you independently take the Global Project Lead and responsibility for installing a global system of Extended Producer Responsibility (WEEE, Batteries, Packaging), making sure the requirements for registration, reporting, labeling and auditing are met.
- You proactively set up a system ensuring continuous monitoring, tracking, evaluation and impact assessment of associated new and changed regulations.
- You take the lead in developing a new global process and tool landscape in alignment with our manufacturing business and sales regions, as well as with the support of internal business partners such as IT, Legal and Quality
- You lead a global community of business experts for Extended Producer Responsibilities
- Using a catalog of analysis measures, you identify topics and risks related to Extended Producer Responsibilities, and develop and implement appropriate mitigation concepts and governance projects. You keep the relevant business functions and management informed of new developments and risks
- You proactively drive internal data collection for the evaluation and derive strategies on how compliance and business benefits could be achieved in practice
- You collaborate with other companies in trade associations and represent Healthineers in front of legislators, NGOs or other relevant stakeholders
Your qualifications and experience:
- You have successfully completed studies in the ﬁeld of engineering, physics, chemistry, environmental sciences or comparable; additional qualiﬁcations in sustainability or management are preferred
- You have several years professional experience in sustainability and/or quality management
- You have excellent knowledge at national and international level of WEEE, Battery Directive, Packaging and in general in requirements targeting Extended Producer Responsibilities
- You have a proven record of project management and are familiar with driving global cross-functional projects on process design and tooling
- You are familiar with analyzing such legal regulations against impact, detailed requirements and ways to comply
- You have profound knowledge of relevant QM requirements in the electronics industry or medical technology (ISO standards, laws)
Your attributes and skills:
- You own it: You are passionate about sustainability / environmental protection with the ability to persuade and engage others by being empathetic, trustworthy, interculturally sensitive and acting with integrity
- Your leadership style is characterized by openness, motivational ability, intercultural understanding, quality- and results orientation and appreciative communication; creativity, initiative and flexibility are typical for you
- You possess proven analytical and critical thinking skills, creativity, problem-solving and implementation skills as well as a strong skillset for process and tool-design
- You consistently exhibit a proactive approach with the idea to find solutions that fit the demands of Healthineers as well as external parties
- You have an affinity for tooling while always first asking for the “what” before proceeding to the “how”
- You have excellent skills (target group-speciﬁc) in English to communicate with your colleagues and you convince with your good German skills
Our global team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 66,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from individuals with disabilities.
Wish to find out more before applying? Contact us: +49 (9131) / 17 – 1717, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open. Click here to get started.
Siemens Healthineers Germany was awarded the Great Place to Work® certificate.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthineers AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time