Siemens Digital Industries is a leading innovator in automation and digitalization. Our mission is to support customers in leveraging growth, profit opportunities and ecological footprint in the discrete and process industries. Our Digital Enterprise portfolio integrates virtual and real worlds – with a unique end-to-end portfolio and Digital Twins across the entire value chain. It focuses on the needs of specific verticals. We continually expand our Digital Enterprise portfolio to include groundbreaking technologies and offer industry-specific end-to-end solutions for companies of all sizes.
Join our Digital Industries organization as the new Head of Digital Industries at our Regional Company in Pakistan and help us to re-vamp the industrial world by finding solutions and making the manufacturing landscape in Pakistan more efficient and the deserved digitalized place of tomorrow.
Your Role –Challenging and Future-Oriented!
In this role you will lead the high-performance team of Digital Industries (DI) in Pakistan of around 75 employees (direct and indirect), while having full responsibility for P&L. Reporting in country to the CEO and reporting to the DI CEO for the Middle East Region located in the UAE.
This role is based in Pakistan, it will be based on a local contract hiring conditions and employment.
Responsibilities & Tasks
Lead Country responsibilities
• Act as major interface between DI Pakistan and DI Middle East in the UAE with regards to all above points
• Represents DI in all relevant business reviews with DI Middle East and the country CEO
• Represent DI in the country (internal / external) as well as in the RC managing team and -committees
• Define and implement appropriate setups of Business Support Functions (BSF)
• Define and align required resources of Corporate Support Functions (CSF) with DI function owner and country CEO and assure appropriate cost allocations
• Maximize profitable and sustainable market exploitation for Digital Industries for the sales territory of Pakistan.
• Implement DI initiatives and processes in alignment with resp. DI Middle East management and the relevant DI head quarter teams.
• Develop / optimize the DI Pakistan organization and go-to-market approach.
• Ensure continuation of DI's digital enterprise success story
• Drive the next generation of automation by utilizing cutting edge DI portfolio
• Identify and leverage growth potentials in all DI relevant market segments and verticals
• Responsible for local SCM and PLM.
• Oversee local Repair & Service center for Motors and Alternators and take decisions on Blue Collar Union related matters
• Additional Functions: Head of Sales and responsibility for significant Accounts
• Operational und supervisory duties: ensure that there are no violations of laws within his/her area of responsibility that proper supervision could have prevented
• Identify and develop talents (incl. diversity and succession planning), support Cross-BU career paths (including succession planning).
• Ensures a highly skilled organization and implements local salary- and incentive programs (based on global programs) by involvement of all relevant parties
• Implement the DI regional strategy in Pakistan, aiming to create synergies.
• P&L responsibility for entire regional DI business in Pakistan
• Qualify employees and enhance leadership skills for the digital transformation
• Identify and develop talents and support Cross-BU career paths (including succession planning)
• Develop, maintain, and enhance customer relations at highest levels.
• Keep up to date with market trends, customer requirements, compare to local requirements
• Consistently direct and challenge our leaders to live an inclusive & diverse culture through modelling and living Siemens’ values. Enable a “safe space” through continuous constructive feedback, recognition, and proactive coaching for team success.
• Foster innovation and a growth mindset by embracing (digital) learning and networking opportunities. Developing the teams’ competence profile and employability is key!
• Focus on output (target) driven leadership, giving a high degree of autonomy to our people to foster trust and empowerment.
Your Qualifications / Skills
• BSc / MSc Electrical or Automation Engineering or IT from reputable University of college
• Supplementary business management qualifications or MBA is highly appreciated
• Extensive (10-15 years) of relevant experience in a senior management role with prior direct exposure to project and service business
• Excellent communication skills
• Solid negotiation skills for value added sales will be an added advantage
• Needs seasoned management abilities to manage multiple diverse teams with highly qualified staff including mentoring, development, IR topics, and performance management
• Urdu language skills are seen as an advantage to support growth in Pakistan
• Experience in digitalization and IoT solutions
What else do you need to know?
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com