Do you want to help transform the way people travel? At Siemens Mobility our aim is to improve the quality of life and shape the mobility world for the next generation!
An exciting and rewarding opportunity has become available in the Siemens Rolling Stock business for a Technical Engineer. Reporting to the Technical Manager, you will provide technical engineering capability at the local depot level, working as part of the Technical Team supporting development of maintenance optimization, reliability improvement and resolving technical and safety issues on the Class 380 Fleet. Working closely with other depot and central teams, you will deliver solutions for identified issues affecting the safety, reliability, and maintainability and of the fleet whilst providing technical expertise to support depot operations.
This is a permanent, full-time role and will be based out of our Glasgow Shields depot.
These are your responsibilities
- Complete engineering issues and tasks allocated through the Technical Issues database.
- Support discussions with suppliers as required to exchange technical failure information and potential solutions.
- Develop and document solutions to address and improve safety, reliability and availability.
- Develop solutions to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of maintenance via review and update of Vehicle Maintenance Instructions (VMIs) and Procedures (VMPs).
- Develop cost effective solutions in line with relevant national and railway industry safety standards.
- Support the production of change control documentation for trials and modifications to implement solutions and eradicate technical problems identified.
- Liaise with production to feedback and cascade knowledge to the production teams.
- Assist other team members with the development of technical skills.
- Support the development of innovative digital products to improve maintenance techniques, processes and reliability of the fleet.
What do you need to qualify for this role
- Qualification in electrical or mechanical engineering or relevant experience
- Knowledge of railway maintenance techniques and procedures (preferred but not essential)
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical drawings, systematic fault finding and problem identification
- Ability to analyze fault diagnostic systems
- Good knowledge of IT systems and software
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens! Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time