Siemens Large Drives Business Unit is looking for dynamic individual to provide technical responsibility and product maintenance for the world’s leading low-power, air cooled, medium voltage variable frequency drive. You will be working with Global R&D and Factory SCM groups, this position is integral to drive design accuracy and agile solutions for project execution.Responsibilities:
- Work with low-power, air cooled, product designers to maintain the standard GH180 product:
- Designs and engineers the component down to detail to satisfy the specified requirements of the customer.
- Standard Product Customer documentation
- BOMs, including new part needs or modifications to product
- 3D Models, including part design or redesign
- Assembly Documentation
- Wiring Diagrams (including wire labeling, component artwork, etc.)
- Testing procedures
- Safety Labels
- Execute to Siemens Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) processes, involving global design standards and products manufactured in multiple global factories.
- Understand and Execute to the Siemens Engineering Change Request (ECR) process of global designs. Guides tracking of very sophisticated product changes to ensure that equipment, cost and delivery objectives are met by responding to defects promptly.
- Provide support to:
- Customer Service group to modify existing designs to resolve customer field issues.
- R&D and Product Management to update the product lines to new market requirements and cost objectives.
- Purchasing to support vendor success
- Quality assurance groups to provide timely support of product quality needs
- Manufacturing to provide timely resolution to assembly issues on the standard product.
- Sales to Attend or lead design reviews internally to resolve technical and programmatic issues.
- Perform engineering, mathematical, and scientific analysis as the need arises to support the design/development of new and existing products.
- Provide status reports of the existing product status.
- Provide engineering expertise to NKN application engineers and drafters/designers on highly customized production orders for modifications to the existing core products.
- Provide support to other company functions during the manufacturing process to bring designs to completion.
- Participate and perform action items as a team member or lead projects involving other specialists and multi-functional team members.
- Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures through successful completion of moderately sophisticated assignments.
- Education: BS in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology or related subject area required.
- A minimum of 10 years of industrial experience with direct experience in power electronics, VFDs (AC/DC), and electrical machinery. Field service/engineering background a plus.
- Must have general knowledge of industrial controls, including relay logic, etc. working in an engineering role for a large electrical equipment manufacturer. PLC/HMI experience also desired.
- Must understand variable frequency drives and their applications.
- Ability to read schematics
- Strong organization and excellent leadership skills.
- Possess a familiarity with and ability to follow all engineering policies and procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Digital literacy required, including Microsoft Office
- Safety and Quality and continuous improvement mentality
At Siemens, our mission is to transform the every day. We strive to better understand the need of our customers and of society. We develop technology with impact to transform the world’s economies. We thoughtfully combine the digital and physical world to build a better tomorrowPreferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Medium Voltage Experience
- Familiar with PLC Interface/Implementation
- Drive/Motor System Design
- Cooling System (air specific) Application Experience
- Knowledge and use of E-Plan and AutoCAD Electrical
- NX 3D drawing software
- Manipulation of JT files
- Teamcenter, SAP
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.Why you’ll love working at Siemens
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Flexibility to work remote a few days a week
- Paid parental leave
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.