About Smart Infrastructure – Electrification and Automation:
The Electrification and Automation (EA) Business Unit offers the full range of energy distribution systems and solutions for all markets and through all sales channels. We provide reliable power distribution grids of today while investing into our Future Grids portfolio and applications to create the power distribution grid of the future. Our comprehensive portfolio meets the growing technical requirements of todays and tomorrow’s power grid!
Position Overview –
The Electrification & Automation (EA) Business Unit located near Raleigh, NC is growing steadily. It is seeking highly qualified and energetic Engineers for the Switchgear/Solutions Proposals team.
The Engineer will play a significant role in business generation of EA Business Unit by preparing comprehensive technical and commercial proposals and solutions that best fits our customer needs, while ensuring competitive pricing. The Engineer will work closely with Siemens Sales to prepare offers supporting customers in the industrial, construction and utility markets on technical, contractual, and commercial issues.
This can be converted to a remote work position where the Engineer might be required to travel to the office location on an as-needed basis to attend trainings, workshops, events and special meetings, based on the experience and qualifications of the Engineer.
- Review of Customer specifications, commercial/technical documents, product requirements.
- Identify and define preliminary scope of work for a complete solution that fits the Customer specifications.
- Prepare 2D layout drawings at a minimum, or in some cases 3D drawings to demonstrate the idea of the intended solution/scope of work.
- Collaborate with Engineers within the Business Unit to generate technical solutions for the Siemens suite of products.
- Prepare RFQ packages for third party products and work closely with Procurement team to secure the quotations.
- Perform quote evaluations of all the quotations received and make technical recommendations to the design and the vendor choices.
- Develop the cost model for the quotation and secure approvals from the senior management.
- Prepare Customer-facing proposal packages for the complete scope of work.
- Engage in Customer discussions by supporting the Business Development and Sales teams.
- Work closely with the PMO team for an efficient and effective handover of the project from the Bid Phase to the Project execution phase, upon winning the project.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience –
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering and a minimum 4 years engineering experience in an EPC, engineering, manufacturing, utility, or industrial corporate environment.
- Advanced degree may be substituted for 2 years of experience.
- Experience with the design and application of electrical power distribution products and power systems/ power delivery.
- Knowledge of relay P&C schemes, schematics, communication network diagrams.
- Familiarity with ANSI, IEEE, UL and NEMA standards for power distribution applications and the best practices.
- Ability to analyze customer’s technical documentation to interpret and apply appropriate Siemens product offerings to meet the customers’ expectations in cost-effective and timely manner, offer alternative solutions to optimize profitability while meeting customer needs.
- Basic financial knowledge to understand and participate in ongoing business planning and support the product as well as project lifecycle management processes.
- Excellent collaboration, leadership, and decision-making skills in a team environment, and demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize multiple, simultaneous tasks while maintaining excellent customer service.
- Excellent communications skills to effectively and accurately communicate with internal and external customers.
- Ability to identify market trends and using this information, work closely with Marketing and Technology to create and justify projects to close the identified gaps.
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office tools and product configuration/pricing applications.
- Experience with Electrical and 2D Layout drawing tools such as AutoCad, Visio, etc.
- Travel Required – Less than 10%.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience –
- Masters degree is preferred.
- Experience with preparing 3D Layout drawings tools such as AutoCad, Revit, etc.
- Proficient in the design and application of electrical distribution products. Knowledge of their integration within E Houses/Buildings is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with IBC, NEC and NFPA codes and standards for E Houses/Buildings.
- PE/PMP certification is a plus.
- Local candidates in & around Raleigh/Durham metro.
In addition to the growth and development opportunities we continue to foster, we offer included benefits of flexible paid time off, a matching 401K plan, stock share match, health, life, vision and dental benefits, paid parental leave, and so much more.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so, we'd like to meet you! Apply today and learn how you can be a part of the Siemens family.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.