Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical proficiency and passion for problem-solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? We offer intelligent and efficient mobility solutions for urban, interurban, and freight transportation. We're looking to empower people who want to seek the challenges facing society and make real what matters most.Our Culture:
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture where every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, advise their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and group achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering various internal and external development opportunities.What you will do for Siemens Mobility:
The Head of Freight Sales, North America is a position with national scope and will require approx. 25% travel within North America, with the occasional business trip to Europe.
You will have significant interaction and collaboration internally with Management, Sales, Finance, Project Management, Service, and Business Management. The Head of Freight Sales, North America, will have three primary responsibilities:
- Develop and orchestrate Freight sales strategy through understanding the market potential, NAM go-to-market strategy, and establishing targets for NAM while developing a pricing strategy and correct order forecast.
- Formulate and implement long-term sales plans and growth forecasts aligned with sales strategy.
- Implement sales guidelines and targets for the assigned sales organization
We are seeking someone with a minimum of 10+ years of combined experience and skills working on sophisticated projects in the rail industry. Our ideal candidate is someone with an Engineering and Business background who has validated experience generating financial analyses and making the decisions on the allocation of resources throughout the projects. Outstanding time management skills are vital in this role as it is necessary for balancing multiple regional requests simultaneously.Duties:
- Heads overall organization assigned and leads all related management and staff.
- Ensures the implementation of sales guidelines and sets sales targets for the assigned sales organization.
- Develops and proposes sales budgets and growth forecasts aligned with the unit's sales strategy.
- Manages completion of budgets and regular sales reporting.
- Defines and allocates resources.
- Cooperates with Marketing, Product Management, and Project Management in matters of strategic and tactical product and service positioning.
- Drives customer focus within the organization and initiates/contributes to planning product development measures or setting up customer-related projects.
- May support strategic key customers' business development.
- Delivered business value
- Operational efficiency
- Customer satisfaction
- Portfolio growth
- 10+ years of successful hands-on experience within rail transport focused on rail products, platforms, and solutions.
- Minimum ten years experience with multi-year and multi-million-dollar successful project leadership.
- Externally recognized technology specialist in the respective field who uses their network
- Team Management and Development
- Financial budgeting and reporting
- Upholding quality standards
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret industry and product-related technical information.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Provide informative and professional assistance when working with the public/customers, and co-workers.
- Demonstrate exceptional oral and written communicative skills.
- Demonstrate excellent time management and organizational skills, even while working under time pressures and constant interruptions.
- Work well independently and as part of a team, demonstrating support for team decisions.
- Proven business insight
- Negotiation capabilities
- Strong team orientation
- Project management experience
- Risk management
- Self-motivated to produce high-quality results within the time allocated, with limited supervision
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.