Company: Siemens EDA
Job Title: Software Development Engineer C++, GUI
Job Reference #: 312084
Job Location: Wilsonville, OR
Siemens EDA (Formerly Mentor Graphics) is the longest standing Electronic Design Automation Company in the world and over the last 30 years has amassed the finest technology portfolio in the business. Our software tools span the full breadth of semiconductor and electrical systems solutions including integrated circuit design and verification, PCB design & manufacturing solutions, cable harness design tools, and embedded software.
The individual will work within a team that is responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of the Visualizer™ framework and debugger user interface. The individual will take product requirements and develop solutions and implement these solutions within the product.
- Interact with product engineers, transforming customer requirements into functional specifications.
- Design and implement solutions based upon functional requirement specifications.
- Participate in code/design reviews and continuous improvement of the product line.
- Interact and collaborate with peers and stakeholders to improve design solutions, tool performance and user interface consistency.
- Interact and collaborate with extended teams such as documentation, quality assurance engineers and product marketing.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Technical degree (minimum of BS) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with software development, software debugging and graphical user interface development.
- C++ object-oriented programming experience.
- Experience with common software development processes, such as requirement definitions, functional specifications, regression testing and software release processes.
- Familiarity with either linux or windows as a software development platform.
- Self motivation, integrity and team contribution skills.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Familiarity with event driven user interface design.
- User interface development experience using QT.
- Familiarity with VHDL, Verilog, System Verilog or System C based HDL design and simulation.
- Familiarity with software debugger development and software debugging technology.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.