Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. Siemens focuses on the areas of electrification, automation, and digitalization. One of the world’s largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies, Siemens is a leading supplier of systems for power generation and transmission as well as medical diagnosis. In infrastructure and industry solutions the company plays a pioneering role.
The Digital Content Data Analyst will assist in the mass data transfers of digital content. The candidate will facilitate the submission of digital content to several Siemens content storage locations and external data consumers. The candidate will work closely with the Product Management and Digital Content groups, leveraging their product knowledge to assist in the sorting of content.
Technical Requirements – Skills
(Applicants must have at least 3 of the 4 skills requirements)
• Access (tables of 500k+ records, queries with 3-15 joins)
• VBA (or other automation code)
• Strong in business intelligence/business analysis
• Tableau Reporting
• RPA software knowledge
What you will need - Knowledge
(Applicants must have at least 6 of the 7 knowledge requirements)
• 2+ years of experience in analytics focused on isolating data quality issues and maintaining data sets
• Experience in Excel, relational databases, database concepts, and database design.
• Ability to develop useful automation tools for immediate team use and train others how to use them
• Experience communicating the results of analysis clearly in writing and verbally
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and to provide regular status updates proactively
• Entrepreneurial spirit, with a curiosity to investigate problems and solve them in cutting edge ways
The strongest candidates will also have :
• BS/BA degree (preferably in a technical or research field)
• STRONG Experience in Access Database, SQL, & SAP
• Knowledge of VBA, Python, and automation programs like Power Automate, UiPath, WinAutomation or Winshuttle
What you will do:
• Researches, analyzes, consolidates and interprets data using statistical and data analytics methods to create information on business-relevant topics, e.g. market environment, operational process and equipment performance etc.
• Acquires data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
• Operates and optimizes pre-defined tools, applications, and databases/data management systems.
• Creates reports and communicates results to various internal and/or external stakeholders (e.g. management, customers)
• Develop systems and processes to regularly maintain databases and conduct regular checks to ensure data integrity
• Create queries that allow data to be extracted and to streamline the data retrieval process
• Analyze overall content data trends to create and communicate actionable insights that help drive higher content quality
• Build and automate business intelligence reports/tools to identify areas for improvement in content and data transfer
• Build and automate business intelligence reports/tools to quickly identify changes in trends/key metrics, elevate issues, and identify areas for improvement
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and PTO.
- Extensive training along with career development.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.