The position will report to the Siemens SVSD Finance which is a member of the EDA segment for the Siemens Digital Industry Software organization. This role will support the HW operations Finance in the United States.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills and the ability to prioritize responsibilities. Attention to detail is crucial for supporting Operations with related cost accounting activities.
- Focus on Inventory Accounting
- Prepare monthly accruals and journal entries for inventory and OCOGS accounts
- Maintain internal controls and account reconciliations for Inventory and COGS
- Perform quarterly standard cost rolls in ERP system
- Prepare quarterly E&O reserve analysis
- Responsible for month-end/quarter-end closing activities
- Partner with cross-functional teams to identify areas for improvement and solve problems
- Identify actionable insights and suggest recommendations to address issues and improve accounting processes/efficiencies
- Support ad-hoc analyses and projects
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum BA/BS degree, preferably in Finance or Cost Accounting with 5-8 years of progressive experience
- Experience in Cost or Inventory Accounting
- Ability to navigate extremely well within MS Excel and work with large amounts of financial and inventory data
- Systems skills: SAP, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized, and prioritize deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- An analytical mindset to approaching problems and strong attention to detail
- Promotes teamwork and works well with others
- Energetic, positive attitude and always looking for ways to improve
- US travel required
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time