Siemens Digital Industries Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
The promise of a digital future…today. With the digital twin, Siemens Digital Industries Software blurs the boundaries between the virtual and physical, hardware and software, design and manufacturing worlds. For more information about us visit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6mVLaUyO4U (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6mVLaUyO4U)What you’ll be doing
Looking for an experienced back-end web development engineer to join a larger global and rapidly growing team. You will join a new team within our group in its exciting and challenging role to plan and execute the migration of a highly successful desktop application to the cloud. This migration will better support digital thread connectivity, high-performance computing, engineering collaboration, data analysis and visualization needs of our customers.
The HEEDS product is a leader in workflow automation and design space optimization. This application enables users to collaborate on sharing results and simulation toolchains via a web interface and includes a companion mobile app. The application is part of the Software as a Service ecosystem and will bring the desktop application into the cloud experience.
Familiarity with dev-ops, front-end development (full stack), and/or user experience design (UX) is a plus.Job Responsibilities
- Build out well-tested, polished user experiences and applications using modern, component-based frameworks.
- Learn and follow all established development policies and processes.
- Coordinate release planning and quality assurance activities with other team members.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science and/or an Engineering field.
- 3 or more years development experience. We have multiple positions for various levels of experience.
- Experience designing and building scalable and reliable back-end systems using stateless microservices, containers, message queue, SQL/NoSQL database, caching, and load balancer.
- Proficient in database architecture, server/platform configuration, and object-oriented programming languages such as Java, C++, or Python.
- Good teamwork and cooperation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience designing and working with public cloud architectures like AWS/Azure, service-oriented architectures (SOA), and SaaS.
- AWS Associate/Professional certification.
- Experience with modern back-end technologies and UX design.
- Knowledge of mobile application development.
- Dev-ops experience with CI/CD, deployment, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We have some of the most inquisitive minds working across the world, re-imagining the future and doing outstanding things. Join our Talent Community today and let's stay connected in areas that interest you: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/jobs/digital-minds.html (https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/jobs/digital-minds.html)Siemens Software. Where Today Meets Tomorrow
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software S.r.l.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time