Yunex Traffic, a Siemens Business, is at the forefront of a technological revolution in Intelligent Traffic Systems. As cities and states seek to implement autonomous, electric, connected, and shared ITS infrastructure in the context of smart cities, they are looking at ways to handle existing infrastructure, including highways, city streets, tunnels, and pedestrian crossings with forward-looking technology and transport solutions. At Yunex Traffic, we make life better for people, and we positively impact the quality of life of millions of North American drivers daily by making traffic flow safely and efficiently.
As a Software Architect, you will be joining a multifaceted and dedicated R&D team that realizes product innovation and develops our nation’s infrastructure. Our traffic controllers, road-side units, and other IoT devices support the sophisticated decision-making tasks to control and optimize the flow of traffic and travel times.
- Orchestrate the development of the IoT technical strategy based on critical business success factors
- Derive technical and non-functional requirements from high-level system design and use-cases
- Define IoT architecture for device management for on-premise, hybrid, and cloud deployments
- Develop data model, data flow, data architecture, and component choices to achieve target NFRs
- Implement technical use-cases for IoT device lifecycle, from manufacturing to decommissioning
- Specify processes and pipelines to deploy post-delivery capabilities in a DevOps SW environment
- Build infrastructure for over-the-air software/firmware rollouts in multi-tenant environment
- Build capabilities for edge data processing, device monitoring, and predictive maintenance
- Collaborate with other architects on decisions for the common technology roadmap and for shared security services such as PKI/certificates, IAM/RBAC solutions, and network configurations for deployment variants
- tailored customer solutions and deployment scenarios for upcoming projects
- Identify and implement risk mitigation measures to counteract obstacles and delays
- Act as a key guide and consultant to improve concepts, methods, and processes
- Lead by example and excel with a diverse team in a highly collaborative environment
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related STEM field.
- 5+ years of successful track record as a systems, software, or solutions architect
- Proven knowledge about software architecture paradigms, design patterns, modeling, distributed and data-intensive systems, streaming platforms, networking, cloud computing, containerization, and IoT
- Ambitious attitude, proactive in advancing topics forward and identifying key drivers for success
- Creative thinking and innovation skills to define innovative approaches to problems in a VUCA environment
- We are# 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
- : Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
- : Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
- : 401K match Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
- : Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
- : Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion Program
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex LLC
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.