Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
This position performs complex installation, startup, and commissioning of building automation system equipment that has been newly installed. The objectives of building automation are improved occupant comfort, efficient operation of building systems, reduction in energy consumption and operating costs, and improved life cycle of utilities. You will complete verification of complex system database and programming operations, ensuring consistency with the scope of work and sequence of operations. You will diagnose and repair complex control system malfunctions, and you will serve as a subject matter expert to others.
- Network Technologies: Perform back-up from data servers and create automated back-up procedures. Perform troubleshooting and resolve inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations. Set up and configure PC workstations and user interfaces. Confirm proper network performance.
- Operational Testing, Verification, and Acceptance: Run reports to review system operation. Participate in final inspection and testing. Ensure customer acceptance. Conduct customer training on system operations. Complete and submit written reports. Provide plans and control system documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
- Project Site Communication and Coordination: Communicate with all parties on site to ensure proper coordination of activities. Schedule trade contractors to coordinate start-up services.
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree preferred
- Experience installing and servicing electronic control or HVAC equipment; 5+ years preferred
- Experience in writing computer programs and software applications related to the HVAC industry
- Extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems, and ability to test and write modifications to system software in multiple languages
- Skilled in programming, job start-up, checkout, and troubleshooting complex projects
- Demonstrated experience in the integration of low-voltage building sub-systems using various industry protocols such as BACNet, N2, Modbus, etc.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances, including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment, working in ducts, crawl spaces, roofs, basements, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions
- Must be able to use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Ability to travel overnight throughout Indiana about 15% of the time.
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.