Come join our team of about 380,000 colleagues around the globe and help us create environments that care.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings, and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation.
Electrification and Automation (EA)
Headquartered in Wendell, NC, the Electrification and Automation (EA) Business Unit offers the full range of energy distribution systems and solutions for all markets and through all sales channels. We provide reliable power distribution grids of today while investing into our Future Grids portfolio to create the power distribution grid of the future.
We are excited to be adding new team members with experience in power distribution equipment, substation automation systems, protection, and controls engineering.
- Provide product technical support to Siemens SIPROTEC relays and or SICAM substation automation systems
- Develop new application solutions with IEC61850 or other communication protocols relevant in the energy automation field
- Create relay configuration files based on schematics and coordination studies; and or SICAM configuration files based on points list, and existing project documentation
- Go to Customer site and provide commissioning work for Siemens SIPROTEC and or SICAM products
- Report processes and tools inefficiencies and suggests improvements ideas.
- Technical support, fault analysis, develop new applications for protective relays and or substation automation systems
- Design, development, implementation, testing, and commissioning of protection and control applications and schemes
- Travel to job sites, customer offices and vendors factories expected to be around 35% of total time.
BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Similar with applicable experience
A minimum of 3 years of relevant engineering experience preferably in the power automation or protection engineering field. A strong candidate should be able to demonstrate applied knowledge of:
- Busbar protection
- Transformer protection
- Breaker failure protection
- Capacitor bank protection
- Medium voltage protection schemes (including design of transfer schemes and reverse interlocking schemes)
- Knowledge of Siemens SIPROTEC relays and DIGSI software and or SICAM A8000 or PAS substation automation systems
- Communication protocols such as IEC61850, DNP, Modbus, IEC103, IEC101, IEC104, Profinet, Profibus
- Control and Protection commissioning experience
Considered a Plus – Not Required:
The following experience is not required but candidates who can demonstrate knowledge in these areas will be given extra consideration:
- Work experience with power utilities as customers
- Knowledge of ANSI standards, IEC standards.
- Line Transmission and Distribution protection
- Generator protection for small, medium, and large generators (including protection settings calculation)
- High voltage, distribution, and generation applications
- Knowledge of the multiple vendors' relay products and associated software
- Project Lead experience
- Professional Engineer license
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.