Siemens Mobility is looking for a Supplier Quality professional with a very strong quality background in problem solving and issue resolution on supplier parts.
The position directly reports to Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock Supplier Quality Manager and the selected candidate will have direct reports.Responsibilities
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work and prioritize in a fast paced environment are crucial for success in this position.
- Lead, mentor, and develop a high performing team that meets agreed objectives, and which delivers standard methodology, contributed and continuous improvements
- Provide leadership, direction, management, and development to the factory supplier quality team.
- Empower and mentor the team to operational success, supervise the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers to ensure efficient performance.
- Work collaboratively with Engineering, Production, Order Management, Warehouse and Projects on supplier related topics. Build corrective action plans and report progress to the customers.
- Supervise and report on supplier product quality and performance understanding any commercial issues and impacts.
- Develop methods for inspection, testing, sampling and training. Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality systems.
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visiting suppliers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electronics or equivalent.
- At least 8 years of multi-functional work experience in major areas such as engineering, supply management, project management, manufacturing, or operations
- Demonstrated ability dealing with sophisticated electrical and mechanical systems in Quality related field.
- Experience problem solver as an individual and leading a group, soft skills should include highly credible teammate based on related experience and strong written, verbal communication skills, patient, committed, and able to apply resources outside quality area.
- some travel requirements including some international travel
- Prefer Certified Quality Engineer/Manager (CQE/CQM)
- Rail Proven Experience in Quality
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certified
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.