The Sr. Financial Analyst will report directly to the Plant Controller and will support the local manufacturing operations.
The analyst will communicate and respond to any inter-departmental requests, such as Corporate Team, Fixed Asset Team, Internal Audit Team. The successful candidate will also drive the digitalization of reporting, analysis and planning of plant operations. This role will perform various finance and accounting tasks with direct impact on the financial performance of the plant.
**This is a hybrid position so the chosen candidate will be able to work from home 2-3 days a week.**
What you will do:
• Provides expert analysis on plant financials in order to improve the results of the organization
• Drives implementation of digital solutions for plant
• Performs and supports inventory management (including inventory reserve preparation) and cycle count process
• Provides financial reporting and variance analysis to both local and HQ management teams
• Handles Ad hoc reporting for Controller, Plant Manager, Continues Improvement Teams (CIP) and other local management teams
• Acts as an advisor that troubleshoots and resolves complex problems within multi-departments and/or cross-functional areas
• Supports forecasting and budgeting process as well as CAPEX controlling
• Supports Month-end & ongoing reporting including: PUMA/Productivity, P&L, Balance Sheet, Capital Spending (CAPEX), Inventory, Reserves, Warranty, and Journal Entries
• Perform costing activities for new products, BOM revisions, and quoting for Product Management Team
What you will need:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in either Finance or Accounting
• 3-5yrs experience in cost accounting analysis and in variance analysis and inventory controls
• In-depth understanding of Cost Accounting and Bill of Material setup
• Experience in inventory controls and management
• Experience in Variance Analysis and Financial Reporting
• Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel (e.g. V-lookups, Pivot tables etc.)
• Basic understanding of Microsoft products (Outlook, Teams, Word, and PowerPoint)
• High degree of accuracy and very detail oriented
• Ability to transition from non-digital to digital solutions
• In-depth understanding of Accounting/Finance concepts
• Solid understanding of SAP or similar ERP system preferred
• Highly self-motivated individual who requires and prefers little guidance from manager
• Excellent communications skills, including the ability to provide data in a concise and appropriate manner
What will set you ahead of the pack:
• Knowledge of Tableau, Knime/Alteryx, Snowflake
• SAP experience-Intermediate level
• Intermediate Leadership skills
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
• Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and flexible PTO.
• Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
• Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.