Technical Expert - Sustainable Automation Solutions
We are seeking a dynamic Technical Expert to join our Sustainable
Automation Solutions Research Group and support our Siemens business units and
end customers globally.
The right person will have a strong technical background in IT and OT technologies, research and software development, and a passion to drive co-creation topics with customers designing end-to-end solutions, building prototypes, and productizing and deploying applications for sustainable automation solutions.
· Drive R&D projects in cooperation with stakeholders, especially with end customers, Technical Team, Product Managers or Product Owners and other business unit and research partners and system integrators with an applied research attitude
· Define, research, and implement Industrial Edge applications and runtime platform enhancements for manufacturing industries, including signal processing, shopfloor connectivity and data translation
· Try to solve the most challenging and scalable use cases at the intersection of shopfloor automation and IT technologies together with a motivated team of technical, industry and business experts
· Perform complex hardware and/or software design consultation in accordance with customer/project needs, support the team with requirements analysis, effort estimations and system architectures
· Complete technical solution co-creation for the development and implementation of customer solutions
· Consult with appropriate groups inside and outside of Siemens AG for complex domestic and international projects
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
· Master’s in engineering, Computer Science or related fields
· 8+ years of exhaustive hands-on experience driving Industrial Automation topics preferably in manufacturing industries.
· 5+ years of Domain Expertise on the Vertical Businesses like Food & Beverage business/Pharma/Tire/Auto with very good understanding of the manufacturing/quality/supply processes.
· 2+ years of Project / Quality Management experience handling project execution using Agile methodologies, preferably a scrum master.
· Solid understanding and practical expertise in high-performance edge computing with knowledge of Industrial grade IOT protocols (like OPC UA, S7, Ethernet/IP, MQTT, Zero MQ).
· Proficiency in tools and programming languages to design and develop high performance Edge applications, e.g., C/C++, Python, strong debugging capabilities
· Software engineering expertise, ideally including AI and ML algorithm design, building well-designed components, cleanly coded, well-documented, operationally stable, and timely delivered
· Solid understanding and hands-on experience in Git version control, CI/CD, testing methodologies and unit test modules
· Expertise on container technologies (Docker), designing and building memory and time efficient containerized applications.
· Strong knowledge on Linux platforms, device drivers, ability to build drivers for GPUs and ASICs is a plus.
· Highly motivated and driven professional with a can-do attitude
· Drive to create innovative solutions for manufacturing industries, keeping customer, business, technical and personal constraints balanced
· Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic and international team with a strong customer orientation
· Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills in English required.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality.
Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time