Siemens Mobility Limited have a great opportunity for a IT Infrastructure Engineer to join our Rail Infrastructure CIS business. We operate a flexible working policy and would be open to discussing individuals working requirements. However, this role will require an element of office working in Ashby de-la Zouch.Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
In CIS, we deliver network and security solutions to support the digital railway. Our portfolio includes the provision of telecommunication systems and cyber security solutions including data network for railway stations, SCADA systems, signalling systems, telephony systems, backbone communication networks / bearer network, network security and other cyber security systems. We undertake a full project life cycle delivery from concept development and detailed design to implementation, test, installation, and commissioning.Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the Engineering Manager – Architecture, the IT Infrastructure Engineer will execute the design, deployment and hardening of operating systems for real time control systems. This will include the design and deployment of virtualised solutions including high availability clusters. Projects deploying these solutions will also require support regarding policy, Active Directory and User management.
These solutions will promote maximum re-use of previously deployed configurations, assisting the bid and engineering teams in their need to offer and provide cost effective systems.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Operating system support
- Security hardening
- Production of Gold images for re-use and disaster recovery
- Active Directory configuration
- High Availability cluster deployment
- All solutions to be fully documented
- Set up and deployment of anti-malware software
- Support for cyber security assessments and risk mitigation
- Provide Engineering support during the bid process, ensuring maximum re-use of previously deployed solutions.
- Raise awareness and knowledge of Operating System deployment and configuration within the Engineering Team.
- Ensure the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools are applied throughout the development life cycle.
- Ensure products and projects are delivered in accordance with Siemens Mobility Safety and Quality procedures and meet all applicable legislative, safety and customer requirements.
- Provide estimates for engineering projects and tenders with regard to resources, plans, technology, risk and process.
- Maintain and develop good relationships with internal and external customers, industry associations, suppliers and Partners.
- Ensure appropriate knowledge sharing with the project teams to ensure a common understanding of the solution and enable self-diagnosis and routine maintenance activities
- Maintain and develop own professional competence.
What Skills, Qualifications and Experience do I need for this role?
- Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant subject (Computer or IT related)
- Professional product qualifications, covering operating systems and cyber security.
- Proven experience in delivering Operating System deployment and their support
- Knowledge of real time control systems would be advantageous, especially within a Rail context.
- Awareness of Rail sector cyber security standards would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of the application and deployment of whitelisting products.
- Experience and knowledge of engineering processes at all stages of the engineering lifecycle.
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and software.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft 365 suite
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent organisational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Full Driving licence.
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.About us
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of hardworking individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. #LI-SM1
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time