An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Planner to join our Siemens Mobility, Rail Infrastructure, Control Systems business.
We operate a hybrid working model and would be open to considering applications from candidates across the UK. However, you will be required to attend one of our core offices on a regular basis. These offices include; Birmingham, Chippenham, Manchester, York or Derby.Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility Limited are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
Siemens Mobility are the largest supplier of railway signalling electronic control system solutions in the UK. Our technology is conceived, designed, developed and manufactured locally and incorporates custom platforms that are utilized in a vast variety of products and applications, including our market-leading Siemens Controlguide Westcad VDU Control Centre suite which has the largest install base of any system of its type.
Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
As a key member of the planning function you will lead the project planning for a portfolio of small projects for both delivery and in support of the tendering teams. Reporting to the Lead Planner, you will be a key member of the project delivery team and support project and senior project managers in the successful planning and control of project delivery. You will also be expected to support the overall business planning requirements of the organisation through the proper resourcing of plans under your control.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Support the Lead Planners in ensuring consistent application of standards and procedures, including templates and guidance and support to your project team
- Develop and maintain plans in accordance with Siemens Rail Infrastructure UK project management, planning and PM@Siemens procedures and processes.
- Work closely with project, commercial and finance managers and members of the wider project team to ensure project schedules are accurately developed, maintained, resource and cost loaded.
- Work closely with site and possession planners to ensure cohesion between these different activities and the main project schedule.
- Work closely with the central Bids & Tendering team to ensure tender plans are developed through the mobilisation process into contract plans
- Build and maintain close working relationships with client representatives and work collaboratively to find the most efficient and effective planning and controls solutions.
- Perform critical path analysis and advise of possible actions and areas of concern.
- Ensure that the periodic project reporting requirements are met for both internal and client through the provision of KPI, EV, schedule delay and critical path analysis reports as required.
- Perform analysis and scenario modelling for any potential project change and be able to provide risks, issues, cost, resource and delay analysis.
What Qualifications, Skills and Experience do I need?
- Degree/HND/HNC level qualifications or relative demonstrable experience.
- Experience of planning infrastructure projects, preferably in the rail industry.
- Experience of working with project/programme management both internally and in a client organisation.
- Experience of utilisation of Primavera planning system with knowledge and use of other planning tool such as MS Projects
- Self-motivated with sound interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with an assertive style of behaviour.
- Practiced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge and experience of project management methodologies, e.g. Prince 2. (Desirable)
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.About us
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of hardworking individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. #LI-SM1
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time