Siemens Digital Industries Software - Where today meets tomorrow.Let's make the difference together!
Meet the team - Video
Siemens DISW is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years.
Our expanding Simcenter Software Development team is looking for an experienced Backend Development Engineer.
The HEEDS desktop product is a leader in workflow automation and design space optimization. You will help us build a team to expand an existing web application to support cloud native high-performance computing, engineering collaboration, and web-based post processing.
This application enables users to collaborate on sharing results and simulation toolchains via a web interface and includes a companion mobile app. The application is part of the Software as a Service ecosystem and will bring the desktop application into the cloud experience.Main Responsibilities
- Develop, modify, migrate & implement a desktop application into a web based application using JAVA & Spring Framework.
- Maintain current desktop application.
- Write functional and design specifications..
- Collaborate with the current development team.
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Excellent knowledge in Java with very good understanding and experience in Object Oriented Programming.
- Willingness to work on a fast pace Agile environment.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (testing, reviews and design documentation).
- Good knowledge of Unix/Linux operating system environments.
- Preferrably has experience in building enterprise solutions or portal development using Spring Framework.
- Previous Experience in Web Services (In particular RESTful Web Services) is a plus!
- Solid knowledge of Client/Server architectures.
- Previous Experienced with SQL/noSQL databases and Hibernate/JPA is a plus.
- Data visualization techniques is a plus.
- Security, authentication, authorization techniques is preferred.
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, and generous holiday allowance.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity.Siemens. Making real what matters
If you want to make a difference – make it with us!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Egypt Company (A Limited Liability Company - Private Free Zone)
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time