Siemens Mobility – Rail Infrastructure is seeking to hire a Senior Project Manager to supervise projects from the bid phase to customer acceptance. You will perform project/program management activities (defining scheduling, budget, risk, change, opportunity, and resource management activities). You will also supervise, direct, and empower the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover, and warranty of assigned projects.
In addition, you will ensure customer satisfaction during and at the final project completion. Travel to customer sites is required (10-20% supporting projects in the US). This role will involve extensive interaction with sales, systems engineering, product development, procurement, manufacturing, and other members of cross-functional teams.Responsibilities:
- Analyze plans, contract specifications, and requirements to determine project requirements. Follow up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of project scope.
- Lead the development of project plans in advance of project activity to assure effective execution by the Project Team and monitor progress to ensure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
- Coordinate preparation and execution of engineering schedules. Use financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs. Prepare or coordinates the preparation of progress billings, pursue timely payments from the customer, and authorize payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
- Participate in Project reviews, acceptance testing and handles the completion of all close-out documentation such as As-Built drawings, system operating instructions, transfers or excess materials, billings, collections and payments, and all project records.
- Participate in pre-bid reviews and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate the accuracy of the sales estimate and project requirements.
- Previous project management experience (8+ years), including management/oversight of project profit and loss and leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience working with customers and leading customer interactions.
- Experience in the railroad or large construction industry.
- Familiarity with industry-related computer software and hardware.
- Control Systems Project Management experience preferred
- Claim Settlement experience desired
- Knowledge, experience leading a software development team with Agile methodologies desired
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) desired
- Electrical or Computer Engineering Degree preferred
Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and hardworking people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with resourceful concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology worldwide.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1!
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and making a positive impact on the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.