Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical capability and passion for problem solving to make the world a more safe, reliable, and equitable place? Then look to Russelectric, A Siemens Business!
Russelectric custom designs and builds power control systems and equipment to meet the crucial performance and reliability requirements of healthcare, data, communications, and other critical facilities. As a Siemens business, Russelectric does all of this while supporting communities and offering life-changing opportunities for people from all walks of life.
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2021
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Russelectric:
As a Manufacturing Engineering Leader with one of the world’s most respected manufacturers of automatic transfer switches and power control systems, you will support Russelectric’s growth playbook for operations by introducing Standard Work and Process improvement. This includes documentation and performance measurement of manufacturing processes, new product introduction, improvements to production lines, capital expenditures, cost-savings measures, and fixture design. Projects owned by this position will be key components in the Lean Transformation of our manufacturing operations in Automatic Transfer Switch build. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to help a great manufacturing organization become even better!
Your manufacturing operations expertise will help this manufacturing organization improve their ability to make the world a safer and more reliable place: think hospitals, data centers, utilities, mass transportation, and other aspects of life as we know it that need reliable power systems. You will be part of providing solutions to the world’s growing need for dependable critical infrastructure.
- Develop, lead, coach, and mentor a team of Manufacturing Engineers who support our Fabrication, Machining, Assembly, and Test operations.
- Work multi-functionally to define the growth strategy for the business, enabling problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Improve safety for all personnel that work in and around production lines
- Drive efforts and initiatives to reduce production errors, improve product quality, and increase productivity
- Create performance measurement and documentation of manufacturing processes
- Identify and manage improvement projects that may require capital expenditures, contractors, cost savings calculations, CAD design, and physical installation work
- Manage facility and maintenance improvements related to production areas
- Implement production line changes related to new product introduction
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering required
- Proven engineering leadership in manufacturing operations required
- Experience in successful completion of relevant projects to improve safety, quality, delivery reliability, and cost in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to measure, design/specify, and install production fixtures and equipment required
- Experience with lean manufacturing techniques preferred
- Proficiency in data collection and analysis
- Experience with AutoCAD or similar required
- Experience simulating manufacturing systems and processes preferred
- Experience with SAP or similar MRP system preferred
- 6 Sigma certification preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
- Ability to travel 5%
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time-off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop for eligible positions
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.