- Ensure and continuously improve the quality of suppliers and their deliveries.
- Support and drive multi-functional cooperation with Procurement, Quality Management, Manufacturing and Logistics, R&D, ND Project Management (PM) in continuous improvement efforts.
- Qualifies and approves suppliers via audit activities and follow-up, in cooperation with Strategic Purchasing and corporate guidelines.
- Collaborates in the creation of technical specifications.
- Creates Quality Assurance agreements in collaboration with Strategic Purchasing.
- Drives supplier performance and continuous improvement and collaborates in supplier development programs.
- Implements/issues complaint management activities to detect and analyze systemic and product non-conformances and communicates/engages with supplier relative to supplier causal analysis and corrective action implementation.
- May conduct quality inspections at supplier site or incoming inspections. Closely cooperates with component engineering.
- Evaluates and report on supplier performance and support definitions of practical measures.
- Ensures and controls the implementation of prevention-oriented SQM-related methods and risk management in supplier-related processes, projects, and products (8D, RCA, PPAP, FMEA).
- 10+ years of relevant on the job experience
- 4-year Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 25% travel required
- Experience in using quality methods: 8D, RCA, PPAP, FMEA.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate with both internal and external partners
- Microsoft Suite computer skills, with exceptional skills in excel & working with large data sets.
- Demonstrated understanding of the entire supply chain and cost drivers
- Proven data and financial analysis capability
Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and hardworking people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with innovative concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what's truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology worldwide.
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1!
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and making a positive impact on the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.