Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting for a Senior Project Engineer for our Rail Infrastructure CIS business based out of Ashby De-La-Zouch.
Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility Limited are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
The Senior Project Engineer will undertake and champion engineering activities within the SCADA and SISS Portfolio to ensure that we meet the required quality and safety standards and meet expected timescales. The Senior Project Engineer will be expected to act as the Project Engineering Manager on medium-sized projects or to manage an engineering work package on a larger project.
Our primary location is Ashby De-La-Zouch, however, we will also consider other Siemens Rail Infrastructure office locations for the right candidate, including York, Manchester and Croydon.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Prior experience as Senior Design Engineer within SISS or SCADA
- Exemplary experience as a Project Engineer
- Be able to Act in the role of Contractors’ Responsible Engineer
- Lead/Plan and monitor all project engineering activities including full lifecycle design and change control processes
- Lead a team of Project Engineers
- Participate in and monitor the planning and progress of works in relation to timeline and budget and ensure that the development, design, construction and testing requirements are met and effect remedial action when required
- Project Technical Assurance
- Responsible for the delivery and deployment of the hardware and software to ensure that safety requirements and integration requirements are fulfilled and delivered
- Support the Lead Project Engineering Manager and management team to monitor the progress of works and ensure that the development, design construction, testing and financial targets are met, and effect remedial action where required
- Coordinate the engineering activities of sub-contractors
- Excellent communications skills, understanding of task time and people management (essential)
- Strong leadership skills including an ability to drive a team’s performance (essential)
- Practical experience of the operational requirements of railway construction works
- Knowledge of project safety requirements and contract conditions
- Leading the engineering team on requirements analysis, development of solution concepts, preliminary designs and detailed designs for development, deployment, and integration.
- Collaborating with partners and sub-contractors in the delivery of solutions and services.
What Skills, Qualifications and Experience will I need?
- Engineering degree not essential, experience within similar roles considered
- Senior Design experience of SCADA and/or SISS projects
- Past experience in being a recognized Network Rail Approved Contractor Project Engineer
- Experience of managing a small/medium sized teams of design engineers and implementation teams.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of requirements management for complete project lifecycle
- Ability to use IT packages such as MS Office, Visio, CAD, MS Projects etc
- Able to manage multiple workstreams
- You are resilient to setbacks and committed to achieving project goals
- You can interpret project stakeholder agendas and objectives, and integrate these to the betterment of the project
- CEM or CRE experience an advantage
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Performance related bonus package
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. #LI-SM1
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time