Position Title: Switchgear Electrical Designer – Broken Arrow, OK
Location: Hingham, MA
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to make the world a more safe, reliable, and equitable place? Then look to Russelectric, A Siemens Business!
Russelectric custom designs and builds power control systems and equipment to meet the stringent performance and reliability requirements of healthcare, data, communications, and other critical facilities. As a Siemens business, Russelectric does all of this while supporting communities and offering life-changing opportunities for people from all walks of life.
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2021
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Russelectric:
As a Switchgear Electrical Designer with one of the world’s most respected manufacturers of automatic transfer switches and power control systems, you will support Russelectric’s Switchgear Department with assembly coordination and scheduling. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to help a great sales and manufacturing organization become even better!
Your Electrical expertise will help this engineering and manufacturing organization improve their ability to make the world a safer and more reliable place: think hospitals, data centers, utilities, mass transportation, and other aspects of life as we know it that need reliable power systems. You will be part of providing solutions to the world’s growing need for dependable critical infrastructure.
- From schematics, wire-lists, and bills of material, generate new panel layout and wiring print drawing sets and wire bindle lists. Can work on drawings that fall outside familiar patterns and present greater technical problems with assistance.
- From panel layout and physical drawings, and bill of materials, select cable lengths for PLC interface.
- Release panels and wiring prints to Production. Release cable orders to Purchasing.
- From schematics, wire-lists, and device list, generate new interconnect drawing sets.
- From marked-up schematics, generate revisions or additions to existing interconnect or wiring print drawing sets.
- Release modification packages, including revised physicals, schematics, wiring prints and interconnects to Field Service. Works from marked-up prints, sketches or verbal instructions.
- Project or Supervising Engineer gives guidance when questions arise and reviews more technically complicated drawings.
- Process Mark-ups affecting multiple drawings,
- Check for consistency across drawing sets
- Check for practicality of mark-ups
- Checking for obstructions & using multi layers (mimic panels)
- Maintain Revision control.
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in design of electrical power control circuits preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English required
- Good interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to influence people in a fast-paced multi-cultural business environment
- Experience with AutoCAD and Promise-e software preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of SAP preferred
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time-off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop for eligible positions
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.