Design Engineer – Oxfordshire
Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare?
At Siemens Healthineers Magnet Technology we take enormous pride in developing truly innovative technology to produce superconducting magnet solutions of exceptional quality for use at the heart of MRI scanners. We are committed to continuously improving our performance. Individually and as a team, we recognise the vital contribution we make in creating medical equipment that transforms healthcare and the lives of people across the globe.
We are currently recruiting a talented Design Engineer (any mechanical background considered) to work at our Oxfordshire site. This is a superb opportunity for an experienced designer to join our multi-disciplinary Product Lifecycle Management team.
We strongly encourage applicants from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Our team come from a variety of industries; medical experience is not required.
Your mission and role?
- · Working as a key member of product development team, production of CAE models and detail drawings using Siemens NX and Teamcenter
- · Production of bills of materials, specifications, and other manufacturing documentation.
- · Act as a part or assembly designer, or as “Master Modeller” with further responsibility for ensuring system models reflect the latest status of the design with respect to all parts and assemblies.
- · Contributing innovative and creative concepts and solutions required for converting developed off-line technology into new product designs.
- · Identifying aspects of new Intellectual Property within NPI projects: Generating documentation as part of a team to maintain strength of IP portfolio.
- · Checking of models and drawings to ensure compliance with international standards and internal procedures.
- · Working alongside other engineers and technicians, the support of prototype system builds and testing.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- · HNC / HND equivalent or higher in a relevant Engineering, Science or Technology subject.
- · Experience in a Design or Senior Design Engineer role.
- · Experience in a Continuous Improvement product/manufacturing environment
You’ll work on projects that have an impact on healthcare worldwide and have your own space to innovate and be creative with people who are passionate and motivated. Throughout, you’ll have every chance to develop personally, professionally and as a leader.
Benefits of this role:
We offer a subsidised restaurant, a free gym on-site, excellent pension contributions, option to buy extra holidays, private healthcare cover, bonus scheme, and other flexible benefits. In our rural setting four miles from Oxford, there’s ample parking and a bus stop on our doorstep.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens HC Ltd. MR Magnet Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time