Siemens Digital Industries Software - Where today meets tomorrow.Let's make the difference together!
Meet the team - Video
Siemens Digital Industries Software is seeking an advanced software engineer to contribute to the development of Simcenter STAR-CCM+. Simcenter STAR-CCM+ is a highly scalable, general purpose, multi-physics application that provides an end-to-end user experience with integrated CAD, meshing, physics modeling and in situ post processing tools.
This opening is part of the Cloud Environment team, responsible for the development of our cloud-based solutions. It is an exciting opportunity providing on demand access to HPC resources, lowering the barrier for customers to run our market leading, multi-physics simulations at scale.
The team is seeking someone who has expertise in AWS cloud solutions. The successful candidate will develop micro-services and cloud infrastructure to provide the functionality for users to upload, and interact with simulations run on HPC clusters provisioned specifically for each simulation.
The position reports to the Cloud Environment program manager as part of the Web Framework division of the Simcenter STAR-CCM+ Platform department.Main Responsibilities:
- Contribute code as part of a larger team of Software Engineers.
- Collaborate closely as part of a large, distributed team of developers, testers, and managers.
- Participate in regularly scheduled team conference calls to contribute ideas to drive innovation in our technology, and to communicate project status.
- Use systems for managing development including Jira, Confluence, Git, and BitBucket, GitLab.
- Participate in peer-based code and design reviews.
- Contribute to the architecture and design as we migrate on-premise applications to a cloud environment.
- Mentor team members on existing and emerging cloud technologies.
- Participate in 24/7 monitoring of our application in Production.
- Participate in root cause analysis.
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- +3 years of professional development experience in AWS.
- Understanding of core AWS services and best practices.
- Proficiency in developing, deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications.
- Experience with serverless architectures.
- Proficiency in Python.
- Ability to use a CI/CD pipeline to deploy applications.
- Understands the importance of observability and high availability.
- Experience with multi-team, collaborative software development including source control and collaborative design and code reviews (Git, BitBucket, IDE’s, etc.)
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, and generous holiday allowance.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity.Siemens. Making real what matters
If you want to make a difference – make it with us!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Egypt Company (A Limited Liability Company - Private Free Zone)
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time