Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as a Senior Biochemist.
This is a position in the Technical Operations Group (TO) of Protein Development Services (PDS) in Elkhart, IN. PDS is a supplier of critical, high value, immunodiagnostic intermediates to the Siemens-Healthineers manufacturing site in E. Walpole where they are formulated into immunodiagnostic reagents for use in the Advia Centaur and Atellica instruments.
This is an on-site position, NOT remote work.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Senior Biochemist, you will be responsible for:
· Complying with all internal and external safety and Quality procedures
· Operating laboratory instrumentation including Centaur.
· Synthesizing and purifying chemically modified proteins.
· Performing root cause analysis as part of troubleshooting activities as necessary, and implementing corrective actions
· Coordinating and performing data analysis and writing internal reports and documentation in grammatically correct language.
· Preparing risk assessments and process, material and instrument validation plans/reports.
· Producing documents that comply with FDA, ISO and internal Regulatory requirements
· Ability to keep projects on track and meet deadlines.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- You have successfully completed productivity or technical transfer projects, either independently or as part of a team.
- You have experience in Antibody/other Protein purification, and labeling techniques for components of diagnostic assays
- You can demonstrate some familiarity with CAPA investigations.
- You have some experience with statistical analysis of results
- You are familiar with SAP
- You have process/equipment validation experience
- You can demonstrate good Problem Solving/Troubleshooting skills for complex issues
- You have good PC skills (MS Office 365 software like Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- You will be able to communicate effectively with other functional groups both in Elkhart, PDS and other Healthineers sites such as E. Walpole, MA, Tarrytown, NY, Glasgow, DE and Los Angeles, CA
Required skills to have for your success in this role
· B.S or higher degree or equivalent experience in the above fields required
· Minimum of 6 years relevant experience; including experience in the Medical Diagnostics industry
· You will have good verbal and written communication skills in English for both technical and non-technical audiences
· The successful candidate will be well-versed in the application of cGMP as applied to Medical Devices: CFR 21 Part 820 and ISO 13485.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens Healthineers
- Be part of exciting and innovative projects that help solve some of the world’s most significant health problems.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education and technology, and sustainability, making a positive impact on communities.
- Participate in our celebrations and social events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
We are globally recognized as an Employer of Choice, but don’t just take our word for it. Here are some of our most recent awards and recognition:
- Great Place to Work Certified 2021
- Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality
- Best for Vets Employers by Military Times
- Glassdoor Employer Rating: 4.0
Review our Benefits Summary:
Explore the Siemens Benefits QuickStart https://benefitsatshs.com/ website to learn about our competitive Benefits plans which we proudly offer to our regular full-time employees. The QuickStart website can be accessed by clicking the link above or by copying and pasting it into your web browser’s address bar and selecting “Thinking of Joining Siemens” to the left of the page.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.