Siemens Digital Platform is looking for a talented development manager to be part of a group that is building customer facing applications for support, learning, marketing, and documentation platforms.
The Development Manager will hands-on lead development projects and will be responsible for leading developers, formed into a self-organizing team that focuses on deliver brand specific sites rapidly with high quality that generates demand. They will help build an initial versions of new “constellation” sites and to add new capabilities to existing constellation sites. They have an extensive technical background in web development.
They have a deep and extensive process knowledge and understand how to develop and optimize a repeatable, multi-organizational process for new site deliver . This manager is a working manager that are able to support the team, but also support the business through direct execution of tasks, training, onboarding, and developing next practices. They coach their team members to look for and execute solutions. They are allergic to the “it’s not my job” mentality.
• Develop the team based on people management plan while leveraging various interviewing techniques to ensure you are bringing on talented team members with potential to grow within the organization and even across other orgs.
• Develop and support the skills, both technical and soft skills and capabilities of the team members to ensure there is enough coverage of the key responsibilities of the team based on the business’ needs.
• Actively empower and delegate responsibility and ownership to team members wherever possible
• Identify and generate plans to ensure the tools and technology the team needs are in place and meeting key requirements.
• Work closely with peers and the Chief Architect to fully understand the business process and requirements.
• Analyze and resolve technical and application problems. Assess opportunities for application and process
improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
• Develop code managed infrastructure though deployment scripts such as Cloudformation, Chef, Puppet Write APM tests for continuous monitoring and alerting leveraging AWS Cloudwatch
• Implement new customer facing features and applications in ReactJS
• Develop supporting APIs leveraging ExpressJS, NodeJS, AWS Lambda, Kinesis, AWS SAM, GraphQL
• Develop unit tests including use of Mocha, Jest, Chai
• Develop in Git workflow participating in code peer reviews
• Implement build and deployment scripts including setting up CI/CD pipelines
• Develop to 12-factor application guidelines including developing for performance optimization and scale
Skills and abilities:
• Experience in both architecture and implementation-level software design
• Experience in requirements capture, analysis techniques and process improvement approaches
• Experience in the Web development
• Strong process focus, with specific experience in continuous delivery and self-organizing teams
• Proficient agile project management expertise with experience in managing complex stakeholder situations, changing scope and complex technical landscapes
• Responsible for directly managing full-time individual contributor employees.
• Responsible for mentoring and managing Co-op students.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor of Science in computer science or related
• 5+ years of broad and deep working experience as a Software Developer
• 1+ years of Agile training or experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor of Science in computer science or related
- Front-end web application development using MVC design pattern
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
• Normal office environment
• Webcam used to support telecommuting environment
• 5% travel
At Siemens we are always challenging
ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and
diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about
the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Where permitted by applicable law,
Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on
job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.