Technical Bid Manager
Bangalore | Siemens Mobility | Full-timeTogether we make a difference!
Siemens Mobility is an independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services
In Mobility, we help our customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions!Change the future with us
- Bid preparation for Rolling stock projects (Costs & Documentation) in line with the stipulated guidelines.
- Adherence to the stipulated bid costs.
- Definition of solution & system architecture for Rolling stock projects in collaboration with the Bid manager.
- Responsible for reviewing Customer Tender requirement specifications and technical scope.
- Responsible to align the requirements with the Bid manager and experts.
- The bid technical manager in conjunction with the system Engineers is responsible for defining the system architecture as well as the suitable product definition for the project.
- Responsible to send RFQs to procurement for external suppliers and do offer validation.
- Responsible to send RFQs to Siemen’s internal entities and do offer validation.
- Support for RAMS analyses and analyses of impact on the system architecture.
- Responsible for Cost Calculation (Services and Materials).
- Responsible to produce the Bill of Materials.
- Responsible for preparation of bid documents (together with the bid team).
- Responsible for Engineering Risk / Opportunity assessment.
- Identifying and advising the management team of any technical Risk / Opportunities for bids.
- Responsible for Bid Design Review.
- Continuous improvement of the job and activities in line with the Siemens Values.
- Assessing and benchmarking tenders against internal project references & platforms.
- Where required lead or directly undertake/ contribute to the preparation of accurate project estimates ensuring that targeted packages of work are secured with a profitable potential.
- Responsible for the detailed bid handover, including pricing, program, procurement strategies to the project/programmed team.
- Continuous improvement of biding
practices and procedures in line with Siemens values.
Use your skills to move the world forward
- Mechanical/Electrical Engineer with minimum 10 years’ experience in Rolling stock engineering project management or technical bid management.
- Management skills & ability in terms of, written & verbal communication; presentation skills; problem identification, categorization and solving; people skills.
- Good presentation, time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in all Microsoft packages and good working knowledge of Project management tools.
- You must be fluent in English & Knowledge of German language would be an advantage
- Availability to travel out of India if necessary.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Bengaluru. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and inspiration and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time