Siemens eMobility® solutions is shaping the market with innovative EV charging technologies. We are dedicated to driving an open and accessible market for electric vehicles, as well as planning and implementing secure grid connections to enable further growth of EV adoption. .
Interested in technology that advances our communities and enables a cleaner, more efficient environment? Interested in gaining exposure to developing the systems and smart solutions that keep cities growing, businesses flourishing and people safe? Start your career with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
Here at Siemen eMobility solutions, we are transforming the everyday through our inclusive and rewarding work environment. Come be a part of our growing eMobility team, where you can build and implement new products, technologies, and applications!
Systems Engineer – System Interoperability for AC EVSE.
- Responsible for Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment conformance to Product specification.
- Systems Engineer will report to R&D manger, AC EVSE, Future Grid.
- Perform EV Infrastructure interoperability testing including cloud communication, EV service providers (OCPP), Building management software (MODBUS) etc.
- Design, improve and perform product level system tests for maximum coverage for customer use cases.
- Drive set-up and testing process with business developers and beta testing sites
- Device immediate solutions to improve customer experience as a stop gap solution till software updates are performed.
- Perform product engineering support for manufacturing. Design procedures needed for manufacturing support.
- Assist in Pre-Compliance testing for UL, Nema, ANSI standards
- Test performance of charger networks for various communication channels (LAN, WiFi, Cellular)
- Device algorithms to perform remote diagnostics and Analysis of Field Data
- Drive specifications for design for test and design for manufacturing
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in EV Interoperability testing.
- Working Experience of communication protocols SAE J1772, HPGP, OCPP, Open ADR etc used in EV management
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in hardware testing, component selection for reliability
- 1-2 years Experience of hardware software interactions at PCBA level and diagnosing circuit level failures
- 1-2 years working experience in software-hardware integration testing and hardware reliability testing
- At least 1 year experience in interfacing with customer facing teams ( BDs, PLMs) and working on eliminating customer pain points
- Experience in driving internal quality steps for root cause evaluation of customer issues
- Experience in managing Beta test sites with EV infrastructure
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors in Electrical engineering with 2-5 years experience
- Experience in design, development and testing of Electrical systems
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you! Apply today and learn how you can be a part of the Siemens family.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.