We are currently adding to our manufacturing site in Alpharetta, GA. We're seeking to hire a meticulous CMM Operator/Programmer to be our technical authority. It applies to our new product lines surrounding gearbox and motor assembly - and we want you to join our team!
At our facility, we will be performing quality inspections on incoming, in-process, and finished products. This position will support incoming inspections and First Article Inspections.Responsibilities:
- Program CMM and FARO arm to make precise measurements for inspection of parts
- Train others on CMM and FARO – create work instructions and prepare for incoming inspections.
- Complete internal and supplier audits, measurement system analysis, process improvements, and other general inspection activities
- Travel when needed to support supplier FAI/ PPAPs when required (10%)
- Prepare inspection reports indicating acceptable items, corrective work, or Quality Review actions.
- Determine, select, align, and secure holding fixtures, tooling, and measuring probes on CMM using hand tools (micrometers, calipers) required for dimensional inspection.
- Perform gauge repeatability and reproducibility (R&R) and other statistical studies using CMM
- Perform maintenance checks to ensure CMM and FARO equipment is accurately maintained.
- Advanced CMM programming and operating experience using fabricated metal parts with tight tolerances
- Programming using Polyworks and Zeiss Calypso software preferred
- Associate Degree/Certificate in related machining field OR 2+ years of experience in Inspection/Quality Control in a manufacturing environment. ISO 9001 or comparable QMS standard knowledge.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills for reporting (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate technical information with internal and external customers/suppliers
- Proficient in understanding mechanical drawings/blueprints and GD&T
- Proficient in the use of calipers, micrometers, and other quality measurement tools
- The ability to work overtime on short notice may include weekends when required.
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1!
- Tackle the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and making a positive impact on the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.