Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 60,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Head of Radiology, Ultrasound. This role will report to the Head of Ultrasound,. This is a key leadership position on the franchise management team with strong ties into Sales, Strategy and Product Development. This position is located in either our Issaquah, WA or Mountain View, CA location.
As a Head of Radiology, Ultrasound, you will be responsible for:
- Lead the day-to-day management of the Siemens Radiology Business Segment, R&D, commercial strategy, and working collaboratively with quality and regulatory, marketing and manufacturing functions to meet short- and long-term financial and strategic objectives, including revenue, growth, margin and profitability.
- Collaborate with the Head of Ultrasound and other leadership members to manage the strategic planning process for the business that includes optimizing and revitalizing the current portfolio and developing new, innovative products.
- Develop and execute the product road map for high-end ultrasound imaging systems and consider all strategic alternatives for creating value and capturing business opportunities.
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes for collaborating and removing barriers across Siemens Ultrasound.
- Investigate and craft new market opportunities and build a network of strong relationships with leading customers and collaborations in the market segment to capture significant untapped market share and new opportunities leveraging clinical evidence and clinical collaborations.
- Oversee company operations to ensure production efficiency, quality, service and cost-effective
- management of resources.
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes and people designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the organization.
- Maintain and establish business continuity and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements of the business environments in which the segment operates and markets their products.
- Recruit, develop, retain and motivate an industry leading, high-performing team.
- Display and practice a visible, open and motivating leadership style throughout the organization, ensuring that all levels of the organization understand and behave according to Siemens’ vision, values and goals.
- Strategic Planning: Formulate and drive the implementation of a strategic operations plan; work across functions to gather key inputs and use this data to inform the long-term strategic plan and help execute the company’s vision for its next stage of growth.
- Commercial Growth: Successfully launch products to drive increased market share penetration across the imaging portfolio with the end goal of at least doubling revenue of the business over the next five years.
- Leadership: Assess the talent within the organization and attract/develop/retain a high-performing team.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what these leadership capabilities:
Leading People, In a dynamically evolving business unit, this leader:
- Identifies and leverages individual strengths and potential within the team
- Engages the team in discussions around the long-term strategy and how they can contribute
- Delegates significant responsibilities to team members to free self to work on other priorities
- Gives team members decision-making authority and accountability within their areas of responsibility
- Invites the team to recommend ways to solve problems, discuss challenging issues or generate new ideas
Driving Results, As the marketplace rapidly evolves, this leader:
- Acts to surpass team goals, seizing opportunities to extend the limits of what is possible
- Sets continually higher goals for the team that are ambitious but achievable
- Identifies and acts on new opportunities that enable performance targets to be exceeded
- Seeks new challenges and is energized by exceeding targets
Acting Strategically. A leader that plans for market growth and creates vision will:
- Create a two-to-three-year roadmap or blueprint to implement the enterprise strategy in his/her own area
- Identify and prioritize the most critical future factors to consider in making decisions
- Make plans to address changes or trends in the external landscape (i.e., competitors, clients and market segments) that affect his/her own business or area
- Develop plans that consider the impact beyond his/her own area, location, function or market
· Embodies and practices world-class ethical standards. Creates an environment of trust by acting with fairness and consistency, keeping commitments, and providing rationale for decisions.
Excellent Communication Skills
· Maintains an open flow of two-way communication, exhibiting strong verbal, written and presentation skills, stating expectations clearly and being visible to all stakeholders.
· A highly motivated, seasoned and mature operating executive with confidence in his/her superior professional skills and ability to drive decisions. A balanced leader with an appropriate blend of humility, calm demeanor and professional will to win.
Intelligence (Balanced IQ/EQ)
· A person with strong intellectual capabilities who can hold his/her own yet support the ultimate decision. A creative thinker who is willing to acknowledge the past and build toward the future.
Required skills to have for the success in this role:
- Medical device experience
- More than 15 years of experience in positions of increasing responsibility in Radiology, , Women’s Health, and Point of Care.
- Driving growth and execution
- Track record of developing and executing strategies that significantly enhanced revenue, profitability, and market share for a business.
- Team building and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability of building and leading results-focused, high-performance teams. Ability to recruit and motivate best-in-class talent as the industry evolves
- Bachelor’s degree is required. An M.B.A. or advanced degree is preferred.
- The ability to travel 30-50% of the time.
- Ability to work from either our Issaquah WA, or Mountain View, CA location.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date, except where prohibited by state law. Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons. If you choose to submit an accommodation request it should be submitted within 3 business days of receiving a verbal offer. Details on how to submit approval will be provided by your recruiter. An accommodation approval must be confirmed prior to your start date. A start date cannot be confirmed until the accommodation has been reviewed. An accommodation is based on your role. If you are a currently a Siemens Healthineers employee with an existing approved accommodation, it will need to be re-evaluated prior to starting a new role.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.