Siemens Large Drives Business is seeking a professional Quality Engineer for Customer Projects (QMiP) in our New Kensington, PA, location with proven track record of developing, implementing, and leading the customer-specific Quality aspects within factory project.
The role of the QMiP is to provide Quality oversight during factory customer projects. This includes the analyzing customer order documentation and specifications to identify unique requirements and quality deliverables. Works directly with the Project Management, Engineering, Supplier Quality, Purchasing, and, in some cases, Suppliers, to plan, develop and implement a strategy and documentation to ensure delivered material and final drive product meets project requirements. QMiP will provide direct customer support for developing, tracking, and approving project quality plans and inspection and test plans, and will support witness test activities, and project specific customer visits/audits. Participates in / supports 8D root cause analysis / continual improvement activities to improve product reliability and reduce nonconformance costs.Responsibilities
- Identify customer quality requirements, unique technical or build (welding, identification, etc) requirements
- Develop and implement quality plans, Drive inspection and test plans (ITPs)
- Identify and mitigate High Complexity technical project risks (HCP) associated with customized drive options, first build projects, or unique supplier deliverables by working closely with the project.
- Work with Supplier Quality, Purchasing, and/or Suppliers directly to develop a strategy to ensure purchased material meets project requirements.
- Provide customer-facing support during Factory on-site visits / audits
- Provide customer-facing support during supplier witness tests and inspections by representing Siemens interests
- Facilitate PM@Siemens project quality process and gate completion with the project team
- Conduct internal audits to support compliance to the Integrated Management System (IMS) Quality System
- Conduct DFMEA for project deliverables as dictated by customer specifications
Further, responsibilities of this position will include conducting audits of our as a part of our internal audit team and supporting the IMS Quality System programs to ensure system compliance to Siemens, Registrar, and Customer requirements. Conducts and facilitates team-driven root cause analysis of product or process failures and drives implementation of efficient and effective corrective actions. Supports and facilitates use of Q-Methods like FMEA, CAPA, Fishbone, Fault Tree Analytics, 8D, Lean, 5-Why, etc. Provides support of Quality or other functions as needed.
This individual independently performs full range of standard work in the professional field. Identifies and resolves more complex problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations. Frequent communication with inter-organizational & external contacts.Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field, Electrical or Mechanical preferred
- 3- 8 years in Quality or Project Management roles
- Proven ability to lead quality to customer specifications
- Project management and/or Project Quality responsibility a plus
- Experience utilizing problem solving tools & quality assurance methodologies including Plan-Do-Check-Act (A3), 8D, Kaizen, Lean Methodology, Error-Proofing, Failure Mode Effects Analysis, 5-Why, Ishikawa, etc.
- Effective communication and partnership skills with all levels of the organization.
- Flexibility to travel to support customer project deliverables / meetings (~ 10% travel)
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.