Siemens Process Analytics and Solutions is looking for a Quality Incoming Materials Inspector for their Houston Plant. Analyzes complex production and quality trend data to identify and solve problems. Devises sampling procedures/designs and develops systems for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and specification criteria data. Perform economic implication analyses, prepares reports of findings, and carries out implementation and training assignments. Completes and maintains quality inspection programs for incoming, in-process, and final assembly material and product inspections. Conducts audits to determine acceptability of quality process controls.
Performs full range of standard work for the professional field. Applies advanced skills to resolve problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently.
• Prepare and implement Quality Inspection Instructions specific to work area and product type in the manufacturing process.
• Ensure usage of the existing non-conformance reporting system for efficient non-conformance management.
• Document process/product non-conformities in the system, and follow-up on corrective actions. Verify, or participate in the verification of, implemented solutions.
• Lead the investigation of non-conformance reports using the 8D Problem Solving Methodology.
• Provide technical support for issues related to Analytic products, solutions, and production.
• Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of non-conformities related to product, processes, and quality system.
• Track and prepare monthly reports for internal quality performance metrics.
• Participates in formulating quality standards, policies, programs, plans, procedures, and practices. Leads and coordinates with area supervisors and group leads to insure efficient production and quality.
• Performs and guides others in deploying and improving quality discipline and culture.
• Shares best practices across functional areas, affiliate locations, and/or various business units or locations.
• Continuously enhance and improve existing processes, products, and methods.
• Drive Continuous Improvement in quality performance through utilization of tools such as DOE, Six Sigma, FMEA, SPC, 8D Methodology and Lean Manufacturing.
• Maintain and Analyze Key Performance Indicators and Cost of Quality data to identify recurring trends and drive improvement actions to reduce internal and external failure costs.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• 5-7 years’ Experience in Quality-related position in a manufacturing environment.
• Associates degree in Engineering or related field (preferably Electrical or Mechanical Engineering).
• Experience with multi meters, calipers, micrometers, thread gages, pin gages, and optical comparator.
• High level of proficiency with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Ability to interpret technical part drawings and specifications.
• Previous work experience in an ISO 9001 certified company
• Ability to interpret electrical controls and distribution wiring schematics.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with results driven approach.
• Proven track record of driving continuous quality improvement in a manufacturing environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software; SAP preferred.
• Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience in Switchboard products in similar industries.
• Six-Sigma certification.
• ASQ certification for Incoming Inspector CQI preferred.
• Experience with incoming inspection of parts used in explosive atmospheres; ISO 80079-34.
• Experience with sheet metal and busbar fabrication (shearing, stamping, forming, welding, tapping, painting, and plating).
• Experience with electrical wiring standards, methods, and testing.
• Experience interacting with and improving suppliers in a practical manner.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.