As a Partner of Choice, the Global Business Services (GBS) in Portugal shapes the Shared Services landscape of the future by providing smart and digital end-to-end solutions to over 100 Siemens entities across the world, in around 20 different languages.
Join our GBS team as Junior Accountant - German Speaker and help us provide valuable and outstanding business services to our customers! Our Purchase-to-Pay business line provides extensive high-quality and cost-efficient services - from purchasing to the processing of outgoing payments. We also provide services related to Supplier readiness, processing, and several digitalization projects!
Are you ready to be part of the change and help us make real what matters?
What role will you play?
- Processing Invoices and Credit Notes (FI/MM) according to customer guidelines and processes;
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles;
- Be able to communicate in daily business on a professional level in the languages of customers (German and English, both writing and orally);
- Management of Account activities;
- Monitoring of Blocked Invoices, Vendor Account Reconciliation; Vendor Balance Confirmation (vendor requirement); Debit Balance; Non based invoices; Processing Other Documents; Reversals; Batch Input; AP/AR Netting; Front office (E-mails and calls).
- Perform additional administrative tasks and reporting’s, related to the job;
- Handbook’s preparation and updating.
Does this sound Good? Our perfect candidate must have…
- “Open mind" and growth thinking, ready to take challenges and customer orientation.
- Fluent in German and English, written and spoken (mandatory); any other European language will be a plus.
- Engagement and dedication.
- High sense of ethics.
- Self-awareness and emotional intelligence.
- Analytical thinking.
- Problem solving attitude.
- A continuous learning attitude.
- Ownership of tasks and results orientation.
- Knowledge of operative procurement / logistic / accounts payable will be a plus.
- Good communication skills and ability to work as a team member.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, Outlook). Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
- Minimum high school degree, University is a plus.
- Hybrid working model, home office combined with days in the office, according to Team and customer needs.
Want to know more about GBS?
Siemens Global Business Services (GBS) is a Siemens Service Company that provides innovative digital solutions and customer-oriented business services for companies and organizations in all sectors.
Our portfolio in the areas of Finance, HR and Supply Chain Management include end-to-end services in Opportunity-to-Cash, Purchase-to-Pay, Record-to-Report, Hire-to-Retire, Delivery Management and Digital Solutions. Check out more!
You will love to have:
A flexible home office and schedule policy, virtual budget to improve your home office setup, health insurance, a Pension Plan and a Siemens Share Program time and financial support to your studies, medical center in the facilities, sport groups, 2 days for volunteering initiatives and a cool and relaxed environment.
Access to e-learning platforms (Learnlight, Linkedin Learning and more), discounts with partners.
#Siemens #peopleatsiemens #gbspartnerofchoice
We recognize that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. Therefore, Siemens provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss workplace adjustments with all our applicants to develop agile working and innovation.
Organization: Global Business Services
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time