Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
Then come and join our global team as Microstructure Engineer.
Choose the best place for your work – Within the scope of this position, it is possible, in consultation with your manager, to work mobile (within Germany) up to an average volume of 60% of the respective working hours.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for researching and developing field effect emitters for X-ray tubes, obtaining prototypes, carrying out complex physical measuring tasks, identifying and implementing potential for optimization, and building up a theoretical understanding of the components
- You will manage cooperation on research and development, particularly in microstructure technology and semiconductor process technology with pure research institutions and semiconductor technology manufacturers
- You will build up an in-depth understanding of new components, both analytically and by simulation
- Your duties will also include preparing for and subsequently implementing the industrialization of these components where applicable
- You will work in the Technology Innovation team on applied research for new X-ray sources beyond microstructure processes
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/products-services
Your qualifications and experience:
- You have successfully completed a master’s degree in electrical engineering, specializing in semiconductor and microstructure technology, materials engineering or physics
- You have several years of professional experience in semiconductor and microstructure technology
- Alternatively you have a doctorate in the above field
- You have already gained professional experience in a university or pure industrial research environment
- You have a sound knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing processes, ASICs, the global manufacturer landscape in this field and its methods and technical components, and vacuum technology
- You have initial technical management experience in projects, particularly cooperation projects between universities and industry
Your attributes and skills:
- You are business-fluent in German and English in order to negotiate contracts with universities and other partners
- You impress others with your analytical skills, ability to work in a team, initiative, creativity, communication skills and focus on solutions
- You step boldly: You regard every technical and scientific challenge as an opportunity. You enjoy finding solutions and are committed to doing so
- Your winning qualities include your entrepreneurial mindset, and your ability to shape change and motivate your team colleagues
Our global team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 66,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from individuals with disabilities.
Wish to find out more before applying? Contact us: +49 (9131) / 17 – 1717, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open. Click here to get started.
Siemens Healthineers Germany was awarded the Great Place to Work® certificate.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare GmbH
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time