Truck Driver – Daily Short Haul
Join the growing team at our world-class train manufacturing facility in Sacramento, CA. Siemens Mobility, Rolling Stock Division is the North American market leader in the production of passenger locomotives and coaches, and light rail vehicles. See links below to learn more about Siemens Mobility:
As a Truck Driver, you will support the movement of manufacturing material between off-site and on-site warehouses in a dynamic, high energy warehouse environment providing all material to production departments for manufacturing the best rail vehicles in the world. This is a daily short haul position; you will be home at the end of every shift.
Full time position
Starting pay - $26 - $30/hr. (plus shift premium – 10% for 2nd shift, 20% for 3rd shift)
11 paid holidays, 18 days PTO
401K – 6% company match
Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Drive short haul between off-site warehouses and storage locations and production site. Generally, 5-30 miles each way, and occasional trips to truck service terminals for refueling or maintenance.
- Perform yard check of vehicles each day before use.
- Remove debris from trailer prior to loading.
- Ensure all loads are properly secured prior to movement.
- Carefully handle material to prevent any damage during loading, unloading or transit.
- Always follow defined work methods and immediately notify supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Immediately inform management regarding any trailer or loading issues or other concerns that arise during work shift.
- Work with dock personnel and management team to position trucks and trailers according to assignments to facilitate timely loading, unloading, and receiving processes.
- Immediately notify supervisor of any damage, quality, or delivery issues.
- Use of powered industrial vehicles in the movement of material. Certification for use of some tools and equipment may be required, such as crane, forklift, order picker, scissor lift, and fall protection equipment.
- Explain warehouse procedures and processes to fellow workers.
- · Follow all safety requirements, including use of all required personal protective equipment (PPE). Contribute to and maintain conditions that ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
- · Other duties will include general warehouse work as assigned by management when not driving.
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License required
- Non-excepted Interstate DOT Medical Card required
- 1-year of documented tractor-trailer experience in the past 3 years, or 2 years of documented experience in the past 5 years.
- High school education or GED
- Basic English skills – ability to read and understand written instructions and effectively communicate verbally.
· Previous Powered Industrial Vehicle certification
- Upon offer of employment, candidates will be subject to a background check and drug screen.
- As part of the pre-employment process, you will be enrolled into the DOT FMCSA program
- Training and certification for use of powered industrial vehicles will be provided.
physical demands described here are representative of those necessary to
successfully perform the essential job duties:
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Frequently required to work on elevated platforms.
- Frequently lift and move no more than 40 pounds.
- Talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
We stay at the forefront of the rail industry. We continuously improve, learning directly from those who are doing the work.
We are optimistic about change and the possibilities it brings: We welcome programmatic improvements and strategy shifts which will result in positive results for the world.
We value our people, and we support their growth and development: Our people are at the center of our work, and we support their development by finding their level of potential development through problem-solving and in collaboration with peers.
We mean what we say, and we commit to our promises: We follow through on our commitments with honesty and integrity
We do more with less: We are a lean organization serving customers who are serving communities of people.
We are principles-based, not rules-based: We make decisions based on what we believe is best for our people and the communities we serve as opposed to adhering to a prescriptive set of immovable practices.
We value diversity and strive to be inclusive in our work, both for our customer and our team members: We believe in the importance of investing in employees in alignment with our values and honoring every individual story and unique path.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.