Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
The Systems Specialist performs project start-up, checkout and troubleshooting tasks for systems installed jobs. This position has the responsibility of providing guidance to contractors and direction to subcontractors. You will act as the external liaison working with customers and maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction. This is a field position typically working at commercial, industrial, and institutional construction sites/occupied facilities.
- Performs wiring checkout, system start-ups, programming utilizing commissioning tools provided, graphics creation, database management.
- May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required. Liaison with other contractors/sub-contractors (where necessary) to ensure site operations are fully coordinated.
- Completes final critical adjustments, calibration and commissioning reports on systems following installation and preliminary set up.
- Makes recommendations to supervisor regarding changes, improvements or installation of systems on basis on own findings in the course of assignments.
- Works towards the project schedule and work package received from the supervisor and/or project manager and maintains regular communication on the status and execution of the projects assigned.
- If improper operation is due to another component of the system rather than the company's product, the problem is discussed with customer/contractor/supervisor/project manager and advises of best course of action to accomplish correction of trouble.
- Participates in job site final walk on assigned jobs and/or final completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs. Completes all job closeout documentation per PM@SBT Acceptance process policy as well as any RMA and warranty labour relief.
- Presents a professional image of Siemens when communicating with customers (all levels) at all times. Establishes a good working relationship with all customers.
- Ensures that all site files/shop drawings/documentation are kept up to date for each contract (site as-built drawings, documentation, service records, etc.).
- Ensures all work adheres to the company safety rules/statutory regulations/customer requirements.
- Responsibilities increase as the level of position increases: i.e. solving complex problems, performing advanced applications and troubleshooting on multiple and more complex jobs, implementation of advanced networking solutions and custom reporting, integrations, VFDs, mentors less experienced technicians on technology and troubleshooting, train others on new product applications.
- Attend training programs, as required.
- Carry out other duties to support projects (deliveries, organize documentation/material, labelling, etc.)
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by management, as required.
What will you need to succeed?
- Enrolled in college or technical school (electrical, mechanical, or control engineering) or equivalent combination of education and related practical experience
- Direct experience / knowledge working with Building Automation Systems
- BAS programming skills
- Commissioning and start-ups skills
- Communication Protocols knowledge: BACnet, Modbus, TCP/IP, MSTP
- Good knowledge of building systems and relevant standards
- Proven diagnostic skills; able to systematically identify and resolve technical problems
- Self-motivated and calm under pressure
- Commercially and technically aware
- IT literate
- Valid driver’s license is essential
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.