If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG and has been a leading supplier in the field of mobility for over 160 years. Our core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems and related services. We have always been very innovative in making traveling faster, safer and more comfortable. Today, we need new solutions to new challenges such as climate change and rising populations worldwide. That's what drives us. That's why we shape mobility with passion, always being one step ahead. Through digitalization, we make infrastructures smart and create opportunities that get us from A to B sustainably and seamlessly. Our 39,600 employees are pioneers in mobility who help to keep the world moving.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- As part of the management team, you will be responsible (in close alignment with the CEO and CFO) for the further development of the strategy for the Rolling Stock business unit with a worldwide turnover of €5 billion and approx. 13,000 employees.
- You will manage approx. 30 employees with full budget responsibility.
- Your global responsibilities cover the full range of strategic direction: technology roadmap and innovations, portfolio management, mergers & acquisitions, and business & market intelligence.
- Also, you will play a key role in allocating the extensive R&D budget and will be responsible for controlling R&D projects in a governance role.
- You will pay particularly drive innovations - e.g., the continuation of our digitalization activities and the development of alternative drive systems. To this end, you will also manage collaboration with universities and start-ups.
- In addition, you will define and manage projects for the strategic further development of the business unit. In doing so, you will specifically focus on the further internationalization of our organization.
- Jointly with the management of our national companies, you will create and drive the strategy for developing international markets.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- You hold a degree in science or engineering, ideally with a second qualification (MBA or doctorate in a relevant field).
- Moreover, you have several years of management experience in strategy or organizational development – either in a large company or in strategy consulting.
- Ideally, you have a background in the rail industry or another project-driven industry (e.g., aerospace, large-scale plant engineering, defense).
- Furthermore, you have extensive practice in managing cross-functional and cross-departmental projects in an international environment.
- As an analytical and goal-oriented mind, you understand how to engage different high-level stakeholders.
- You are used to operate successfully in complex and international matrix organizations.
- For your job with global responsibility, you will enjoy intercultural cooperation, be willing to travel as well as having excellent English skills. Command of German language is an advantage, but not necessary.
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
if you would like to find out more about Siemens before applying.
+49 (9131) 17 52430
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Mr. Karl-Christian Gerbaulet.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Either