Siemens eMobility® solutions is shaping the market with innovative EV charging technologies. We are dedicated to driving an open and accessible market for electric vehicles, as well as planning and implementing secure grid connections to enable further growth of EV adoption. .
Interested in technology that advances our communities and enables a cleaner, more efficient environment? Interested in gaining exposure to developing the systems and smart solutions that keep cities growing, businesses flourishing and people safe? Start your career with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
Here at Siemen eMobility solutions, we are transforming the everyday through our inclusive and rewarding work environment. Come be a part of our growing eMobility team, where you can build and implement new products, technologies, and applications!
System architect – Power electronic development for DC Charging technology
- Architecture and concept of system and sub-components for DC charging technology
- Specification of system and component level requirements
- Definition of Component interfaces
- Definition of validation and verification concept
- Direct report to DC Engineering manager
- System architect in the eMobility (DC charging technology)
- Closely work with entire DC product manager to identify requirements for HW and SW platform development and customer specific projects
- Based on known component requirements evaluate and design solutions for required mechanical, electrical, and SW feature and function
- Is responsible for SYS architecture and requirement specification
- Define power requirements for an DC charger to optimize Power Performance
- Guide analysis and simulation activities necessary to determine performance, reliability, bandwidth and other system design characteristics.
- Define interfaces between charger modules and sub-components
- Support testing and/or evaluation/validation of complete system and subsystem analytical models or actual system implementation.
- Define service and application Tools
- Research, design, develop, and test of electrical industrial control systems; create electrical design documents for parts, assemblies, and/or product.
- Prepare and implement directives to ensure effective engineering support, and establishes and enforces standards to ensure that the assigned work force is properly trained and equipped Test & Evaluation Reliability, Maintainability, and Availability (RM&A) Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Develop and maintain comprehensive hardware requirement specifications, electrical schematic, functional design, and layout for the controls
- Assist in troubleshooting and developing solutions to support the manufacturing team.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in EE or CE
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with electrical systems design – preferred power electronics
- Required travelling ~ 2-3 days per month
- Experience in systems engineering discipline developing requirements and defining system architecture using for complex electromechanics units.
- Embedded System Experience: Understanding of microcontroller based PCBA and firmware design, distributed systems, safety critical systems, and the definition of communication and power interfaces.
- Connectivity: Experience working with wired and/or wireless communication protocols
- Power electronics
- Energy transformation
- Hazard and Risk Analysis
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Master's degree preferred in EE or CE
- 5 years’ experience with electrical systems design – preferred power electronics
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you! Apply today and learn how you can be a part of the Siemens family.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.